Manual yaw adjustments during automated flight?

Reaction score
As a relative newbie, I was curious about if and how one can use yaw adjustments to frame shots during automated flight. This would be useful when you have a 2-axis gimbal (as opposed to 3) for (relatively) short distance flights where the controller radio and video monitor is in range but where you want the copter to just fly while you do the camera work (e.g. focusing on a point of interest). There's a separate channel for the gimbal tilt, but what about yaw?

Does anyone know if you can manually adjust the yaw during an automated flight on naza systems using the manual flight controller? i.e. after you upload the flightplan and sent the P2 into automated flight. it seems like it should be possible given the capability to do IOC, but from what i read, it also seems like once you press go, you can only make adjustments to the flight plan, and not fine tune the orientation of the craft manually.

Any perspective would be helpful!

DroneDream said:
As a relative newbie, I was curious about if and how one can use yaw adjustments to frame shots during automated flight. This would be useful when you have a 2-axis gimbal (as opposed to 3) for (relatively) short distance flights where the controller radio and video monitor is in range but where you want the copter to just fly while you do the camera work (e.g. focusing on a point of interest). There's a separate channel for the gimbal tilt, but what about yaw?

Does anyone know if you can manually adjust the yaw during an automated flight on naza systems using the manual flight controller? i.e. after you upload the flightplan and sent the P2 into automated flight. it seems like it should be possible given the capability to do IOC, but from what i read, it also seems like once you press go, you can only make adjustments to the flight plan, and not fine tune the orientation of the craft manually.

Any perspective would be helpful!

This isn't possible with the P1 anyway, so doubt it will be with the P2 and the same hardware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic