manual take off problem

Just got new Ipad mini and works great. Downloaded dji go & litchi and both connect fast and will fly but only with auto take off. Galaxy tab e will no longer get past"how to connect"with numerous downloads. Tab e lite still works with old download on all drones so I will not mess with it. none have manual motor start even with new ipad.

Just got new Ipad mini and works great. Downloaded dji go & litchi and both connect fast and will fly but only with auto take off. Galaxy tab e will no longer get past"how to connect"with numerous downloads. Tab e lite still works with old download on all drones so I will not mess with it. none have manual motor start even with new ipad.

you do NOT need any ipad or device to start the motors

just power on the RC
power on the phantom.
after a few seconds the RC light will turn green--indicating the quad and RC are talking OK

DOES YOUR LIGHT GO GREEN ON RC?

if not you need to re sync the RC and quad...

if it does go green
check the rc stick calibration( you will need the app for that)

if sticks and rc are all connected and calibrated then you simply are not doing the CSC correctl more likely than not.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

With rc on and drone on, rc light turns green and copying video demo, motors do not start. The rc (sticks & gimble) has been calibrated a number of times.

With rc on and drone on, rc light turns green and copying video demo, motors do not start. The rc (sticks & gimble) has been calibrated a number of times.

in summary:

1.. you can use many tablet to auto lift off
2.. you have now had the SAME issue on 3 or 4 NEW phantoms so far in a row.
3.. you get rc to quad link nd can calibrate sticks
4. Not 1, of the 3 or 4 , NEW quads ever started by using the CSC stick method.

the only COMMON item involved is the operator.
1 phantom-- sure
2 phantoms -- a stretch
3 phantoms -- that's some high odds.

at this point I myself, would redo the rc link to quad process anyhow
How to: Link Controller on Phantom 3 – Dronefly

I would post over the dji phantom forum and see if one the dji guys has an idea other than user error

good luck, I am out of ideas to try

maybe list your area and someone local can help!

Last edited:
Summary No.4 All of the new drones would start and fly manually. Never had to use auto take off. always used the CSC method. Only recently did the CSC method fail to start the motors. Somehow all 3 failed to start manually at the same time. I will try the DroneFly rc calibration method as I was not pushing the calibrate button during timer count down.

Tried calibration method and got ok and did it twice but still no response to sticks for motor start. But I can still fly using auto take off.

Tried calibration method and got ok and did it twice but still no response to sticks for motor start. But I can still fly using auto take off.

you say in previous post:
Summary No.4 All of the new drones would start and fly manually. Never had to use auto take off

you say in this post:
still no response to sticks for motor start. But I can still fly using auto take off

in all other post you said they satred via auto takeoff and NOT manually

so rather than confuse you anymore , I will sugest calling dji or dji forums

Summary No.4 All of the new drones would start and fly manually. Never had to use auto take off. always used the CSC method. Only recently did the CSC method fail to start the motors. Somehow all 3 failed to start manually at the same time. I will try the DroneFly rc calibration method as I was not pushing the calibrate button during timer count down.

or you have updated the rc and not the quad or

updated the quad and not the RC

good luck

No manual motor start "SOLVED". On Oct.31 I went out to fly and as usual tried csc motor start before resorting to auto take off but motors started manually. What a surprise, Checked other 2 drones and both now had manual motor start.
Not sure but this problem started after flying over a large car race track and their security people were very upset as this was not allowed. I was not on their property and only flew over it. It almost seems like they applied some sort of Geo no fly zone in this area as I only live about a mile away. The Geo no fly was not turned on in my tablets so can not understand what happened. Flew all drones in last 3 days and all still have manual motor start.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers