Manual Mode

Reaction score
Ok if i want to put the quad in Manual mode exactly whats happens to the quad? Is it hard to fly in Manual Mode?

Fullmetalarmour said:
Ok if i want to put the quad in Manual mode exactly whats happens to the quad? Is it hard to fly in Manual Mode?

Don't do it!

Unless you are an experienced RC pilot with lots of Collective Pitch Heli hours. In manual mode the quad will not compensate for anything. You can fly it upside down if you want. It will react to the wind, will lose altitude with every move, every yaw. If you change the pitch to go forward you point the nose down. You have to give the right amount of throttle to keep the quad from plunging in the ground with high speed. Also when moving sidewards or backwards it will move towards the ground. All that time you also have to correct for wind drift and turbulence.

You can program the RTH switch to Manual Mode. You could take it to a safe height in GPS mode and switch to Manual and see what happens. Bring a pair of extra pants :). And don't forget to switch back to GPS as soon as you have to change them.

Also, you really need a programmable transmitter with mixers and manually adjustable gains per channel to fly any quad in manual mode in a safe way. At least that's my take at it after flying anything with and without a motor for the last 40 plus years.

So from what you tell me Manual Mode makes the Phantom a big version of the Hubsan. So i think i keep the bottom switch at fail safe. But when in manual mode what colour do the LED have?

Yes, that is definitely manual mode.

I think you have no light in manual, only the red light whit battery low and yellow when out of range or fail safe. But I am not entirely sure. It wouldn't make sense to have a light because there's no need for GPS or nose direction indication in Manual. You still need the GPS lock though, in case of a fail safe.

My first exploration into manual mode ended with me landing my phantom upside-down. On the driveway.

Would be cool if the Phantom had a beginner's manual mode: manual above a certain altitude, but go back to "regular" hover mode if it goes below that altitude.

Even though I consider myself as a experienced RC flyer I will never use the 'Hubsan' mode with my expensive Phantom setups.
I just would buy a Hubsan for that. Lost one like that already so I know what it's like and I have had enough of that.
Actually, flying upside down and stuff is much nicer with winged crafts of which I have several anyhow.

Thanks for the replys :) i just keep it in Fail Safe mode usefull for hand catch when i want to avoid tip over on landing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.