Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Manual Mode

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Norte23, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Norte23

How do I have manual on the tranny as the left switch is OFF, CL,HL & the right switch is GPS,ATTI , FAILSAFE.

Also what can I do in manual that I cant in ATTI . Cant seem to find any info on this.

Mark

2. Hiway

In the DJI Assistant, you can make the last position either manual or atti- you have a choice.

Manual mode is with no gps, and with the rates up so it will be extremely responsive to stick input... it could do flips... unless you are a very experienced pilot, you should never fly in manual mode.

I would add- this is all covered in the instructions that come with the Phantom.

3. Norte23

Yeah i was reading about it but i was more wondering about its control TBH.

Thanks

Mark

4. Nada1

I fly mine in manual quite a bit of the time, but I purchased the Phantom after I was use to flying my other quads. If this is your first quad, you really don't want to go into manual. In ati and gps it is very tame, so people get the idea that manual can't be that much different. WRONG....if you want to try it, just set it up in the softwear, but go up to 100+ feet before you switch it, that way, you may have time to bump it back to gps, to me, it is well worth the time to learn....much more fun to fly.

5. Norte23

Ok Nada, thanks, sounds like a plan i'll have to try.. oh & yes my 1st quad

Mark