Manual mode wont hold height with new gimbal

Reaction score
I have an FC40 and attached a Walkera G2-D gimbal.
I sometimes experiment using manual mode, but since the gimbal went on the weight has changed and now the quad won't hover in manual without my keeping a little extra thrust on. It hovers perfectly in GPS or ATTI.

Any ideas which setting I can modify to help this ?

Thanks - D.

That's manual mode you are in control now .

Monte55 said:
I'm curious. If it flies perfectly in gps and atti....why are you in manual at all?

Why not ?
Sounds like he's learning how to fly 2 thumbs up for it too . :mrgreen:

I hadn't been on for a while and just saw some questions about why I am using Manual mode.
It's a sure fire way to wreck the quad if you don't have proper FPV gear on. However, with a real time view from the quad, Manual Mode is the absolute business. Really difficult to use but great fun as you begin to get into it, and all with the safety of flicking a switch and reverting to atti if you suddenly lose your sense of direction :)
I recommend it.

I agree - in manual mode you control altitude and you have to counteract gravity and wind to make it hover.

Anyone who is seriously working to master manual mode deserves my utmost respect.

Knowing what full manual quad flying is like (my previous quad didn't have any stabilisation or GPS), I'm not going to do that YET with my phantoms.
I know I can flick the switch anytime but still.... I don't trust the S1/S2 switches that much, maybe I change them to reliable high end switches once.

You know, that manual quad (same diameter as a phantom but lighter and faster) scared the hell out of me when I launched it once during gusty weather. It was nice and calm at ground level but at 100ft up there was a strong wind. It was too much. The torment ended with a fly off, it went higher and higher, no radio control left, and a strong breeze that carried my quad to the middle of the lake, and that was it.

Kind of a traumatic experience, although it's just a toy that gets lost, but the way I felt when I realised I lost all control is in a way comparable with the feeling I once got in the few seconds before I hit a stationary truck, on a slippery highway with >60 miles/hr. Breaking had no effect, I just watched myself slam into the back of the truck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers