Manual Mode + Wind = Bad...

Reaction score
So I decided to try out manual mode today for the first time. Not very smart on my part since there was a 15 mph wind. I crashed hard into the pavement and sent the battery flying. I broke two props and there is a tiny crack in the plastic near one of the screws that attach the plastic below one of the motors. I'm getting an invalid battery warning now when I try and power it up. I hope I didn't hurt anything too bad...

Ok, so the invalid battery warning eventually shut off and it seems to be just fine now. The only thing that is different is it seems that the adjustment of the camera tilt is off a bit. It goes down as far as it can, but the slider/scroll bar on the app still has a ways to go down, and when I move that further, the camera actually doesn't move down any further. It seems like it should point higher up than it does too, but maybe it's just fine the way it is.

I'm just glad everything still works ok...

Now to enjoy Super Bowl Sunday and find some comfort in learning to be more careful with manual mode :)

Sorry to here about your cash and burn ;) regarding your camera position, my P2V out of the box the camera is pointed slightly downwards about the 4 o'clock position and not straight forward! i don't no if this is correct

Invalid battery is mainly caused either by a problem with the small sprung data pins below the main power spades in the aircraft, or a problem with the two small, gold circular contact pads on the battery that the pins push against. Check the pads for crud or scratching, etc. Check the pins have full spring travel and are both level - the crash may have damaged them.

Clean all of the above with either alcohol and a q-tip or a proprietary electrical contact cleaning spray if it's just muck, or if the pins are damaged then DJI have recently released the power spades/data pin block as a spares item.

One other option is that the battery got damaged. Plug into the Vision Assistant and see how the battery stats are looking, and check the battery carefully for any signs of swelling or other damage. Don't risk running or keeping a damaged lipo, bad things can happen...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4