Manual mode flight

Reaction score
Hi Im new to Multirotor models..the Phantom is my first..i am haveing trouble getting in to manual mode.. Have enabled it in the software along with ioc and motor stop to immediately positon. ioc i havent tryed yet, the motor change seems to work as it says in the manual, but when i switch from atti to manual positon there seems to be no change it flight parameters..?? still have a yellow blinking control staus led..i thought it was suppose to be off when in manual, and there is no change in stability and self leveling at all.??? seems the same as atti mode..??? the software indictes it is active, what am i doing wrong or missing here?? All other aspects seem great, flys great works well with hero3 on board. I do fly cp helis so im fairly sure this thing is not in full manual mode..should be simalar to a fbl system i think as far as pitch,roll and yaw, if you put it on its side it stays there till you correct it, they dont bounce back on there own..LOL...

mike025 said:
Hi Im new to Multirotor models..the Phantom is my first..i am haveing trouble getting in to manual mode.. Have enabled it in the software along with ioc and motor stop to immediately positon. ioc i havent tryed yet, the motor change seems to work as it says in the manual, but when i switch from atti to manual positon there seems to be no change it flight parameters..?? still have a yellow blinking control staus led..i thought it was suppose to be off when in manual, and there is no change in stability and self leveling at all.??? seems the same as atti mode..??? the software indictes it is active, what am i doing wrong or missing here?? All other aspects seem great, flys great works well with hero3 on board. I do fly cp helis so im fairly sure this thing is not in full manual mode..should be simalar to a fbl system i think as far as pitch,roll and yaw, if you put it on its side it stays there till you correct it, they dont bounce back on there own..LOL...

Not sure whats happening. mine goes in to manual and yes you will get full control, dont remember the lights. I have it set on my right switch the GPS, ATTI, then manual... When it goes manual you know it. No doubt about it. You might try to set it in the assistant again.

thanks so much..i have enabled it in the software, manual from the drop down list, the switch works acording to the software, the problem is the controller wont enter manual mode during flight when i move the switch to the bottom position .. it stays in atti mode with control status led blinking yellow..iis there a step in the software to enter the changes to the controller, say like when programming the heli command fbl or should it store change as they are made..?? or is there an ohter issue im missing..thortle change seemed to work, and it flies great with and without camera load....just dont like the self stabilizing all the time, want to be able to fully fly it, and have it hold the postion of the last input untill i correct it....thanks again im new to multicopters and the naza system...

mike025 said:
thanks so much..i have enabled it in the software, manual from the drop down list, the switch works acording to the software, the problem is the controller wont enter manual mode during flight when i move the switch to the bottom position .. it stays in atti mode with control status led blinking yellow..iis there a step in the software to enter the changes to the controller, say like when programming the heli command fbl or should it store change as they are made..?? or is there an ohter issue im missing..thortle change seemed to work, and it flies great with and without camera load....just dont like the self stabilizing all the time, want to be able to fully fly it, and have it hold the postion of the last input untill i correct it....thanks again im new to multicopters and the naza system...

Try a radio calibration.. Make sure its communicating right.

tried recalibration , the switch postion moves in software everything else moves and works like its suppose to. Flight mode wont come out of altti. doesnt seem to matter what the drop down menu say its suppose to be, no manual ,no fail safe, just have gps altti, altti and altti...??????

Problem solved..now this thing rock-n-rolls..WOW.. Called the dealer i purchased from (Redrocket hobbies)...they told me DJI has no phone tech support because they train and except the dealers to handle tech issues for customers..and they did,(Don @ redrocket is really helpfull and went the extra mile for me) told me the issue was that the asst software version 2.12 was not fully functional with the naza firmware version 3.0 ,it needed to be upgraded to V3.12 to correct the problem, and then to recalibrate everything...i did and am very happy so far with the upgrade, manual mode now works great, the IMU warm up and sattelite lock in and home point set time is much faster..throttle start up in gps and altti mode is a little different, however i understand why they did that. i just take off and land now in manual mode after i get the green light for better control and then lock into atti or gps as needed....thanks for reading my posts and your help...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers