MANUAL mode and TRIM

Reaction score
Hi all,

Relative newbie here, wishing the wind would calm down so I can fly more. I read the fantastic PDF guide cover to cover before I even unboxed, and have always had my P2V+ in NAZA mode (as it enables IOC functions and with both switches UP it's in GPS mode anyways). Most of the time I fly in GPS, but always make sure I put some time into ATTI - it's really not that difficult, but I'm a total newbie to RC so being careful.

I recently asked the question "other than pure fun, is there any reason to have MANUAL mode available and learn to fly it". In short, the answer was that if the P2V+ has a screwed up GPS fix and thinks it's outside the fence, it will try to return to the fence. ATTI mode won't give you control back. Since I can imagine several circumstances this could happen (loose GPS connector, Dynamic Home Point sending bad GPS position from phone, to name but 2) it makes sense to me to have MANUAL enabled as S1 bottom position and learn to fly it.

My little HUBSAN that I practise on has TRIM - the P2V+ controller doesn't. Is that a big problem ?

Some guys had activated MANUAL MODE by mistake and their phantoms bite the dust. Use it with caution... I have flown my 2 phantoms for more than 2 years and only did 1 manual mode test over big grass field.

jumanoc said:
Some guys had activated MANUAL MODE by mistake and their phantoms bited the dust. Use it with caution... I have flown my 2 phantoms for more than 2 years and only did 1 manual mode test over big grass field.

Yeah I here ya. Lots of height = time to put back to ATTI/GPS. To be honest I think the first time I try it I'll remove the gimbal/camera.

It's THIS image that persuaded me that we may need manual btw ...

Attachments

• Limits of Special Area.jpg
    Limits of Special Area.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 414
RhythMick said:
It's THIS image that persuaded me that we may need manual btw ...

That means you want to fly near White House / Washington DC, near airports or over Tiananmen place in China ? (all them are in No Fly zones) :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj