Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Manfrotto D1 vs Lowepro 450

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by regdawg, Sep 15, 2016.

1. regdawg

I've narrowed my choices to these 2 backpacks. Looking for something that I could pack a bunch of stuff in. Also wondering if anyone has traveled with either on a plane. Was hoping for some feedback on either of these bags from fellow flyers on here. I've read the reviews on amazon but hard to say if some are real or not.

https://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-MB...&sr=8-1&keywords=manfrotto+D1#customerReviews

https://www.amazon.com/DroneGuard-B...F8&qid=1473989596&sr=8-3&keywords=Lowepro+450

Thanks in advance

2. Jdhill

PolarPro likes this.
  3. matt.payne.vlogs

have you seen the 5.11 72hour rush drone bag
    5.11 Rush 72 Military Grade DJI Phantom 4 Backpack (Black)

you can buy the 5.11 bag without the drone foam insert, and if you have a p4 you can just put the p4 case inside it, thats what i do and i also carry a macbook pro a cannon t5i a tripod, a camera stabilizer 2 lenses for my dslr, 2 go pros, extra batteries and accessories and still have room,

i like the manfrotto d1 i haven't seen one in person but it looks nice,

4. rmzigmund

I have the Lowepro Droneguard 400 (the one below the 450) and I am extremely happy with it. It is durable, has more than enough room for all my accessories, keeps the phantom in place during transport, and doesn't take up much room. The 450 has additional features, but was out of my price point. I definitely recommend the DroneGuard series.

5. PolarPro

Approved Vendor

I have personally not used either of those packs, but I have over 65,000 air miles on our DroneTrekker BackPack, it fits perfectly as a carry-on and fits everything you have or need to bring. I just got back from a filming trip to Utah and had to pack: P4, Remote, 3 batteries, Canon 7D, Canon 5D, 2 DLSR Lenses, 15 inch Laptop, Charger, Filters, Landing Gear, and a Tripod, had me covered all weekend.

Hope that helps!

Jeff