Manfrotto D1 initial impressions

Reaction score
I received the Manfrotto D1 today for my P4. The online video reviews of the pack are pretty spot-on. The only two things that really stand out as negatives are that the controller fits a little awkward and in my opinion it needs a little more padding at the bottom for when the bird is fully enclosed. But other than that it holds everything I need plus more... complete P4 payload, laptop, tablet, and hydration. The required 'photo or it never happened'....

IMG_20160520_200951.jpg

And, it came with a free gun? A steal! :D

I got this pack a couple of weeks ago for my P4 and love it. I would agree about the controller section needing to be a bit bigger, otherwise it's a great pack. I love the quick release option where you can put the bird as shown in your pic as well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
I'm not a fan of this. That back and props look very exposed. I could totally see me banging it on something walking on accident or it being put down to hard. Props and arm are going to take the brunt of that force. A majority of the cases are full enclosure and for good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh okay. That's much better. What does the pack cost?

I would suggest buying a set of rubber or silicon motor covers for $5-$7 on Amazon so it doesn't tear the inside over time.

Wonder if we see a bunch more options soon now that it's been out longer. Seems like companies have a lag time to produce new cases for models that change size.

Oh okay. That's much better. What does the pack cost?

I paid $185 shipped from a verified authorized dealer on eBay.

I would suggest buying a set of rubber or silicon motor covers for $5-$7 on Amazon so it doesn't tear the inside over time.

I've been looking at those. I've also been looking at what is likely the same products from some of my industrial suppliers... I can get about a hundred of them for $37 so I'm thinking of just doing that and giving away the rest.

Reactions: Santiego
Wonder if we see a bunch more options soon now that it's been out longer. Seems like companies have a lag time to produce new cases for models that change size.

My only hesitation with this pack is that it's designed for the Phantom 3. I almost wanted to wait and see if they were going to come out with a P4 version but I found it at a reasonable price so I grabbed it.

And, it came with a free gun? A steal! :D

I work in the Firearms industry so it's easy to recycle photos that I take. I wish it came with this gun for free. I could buy 3 P4s for the cost of the carbine in that picture.

You've got some type of CETME going on there but will it work for my Sig MPX carbine?

You've got some type of CETME going on there but will it work for my Sig MPX carbine?

It's an HK93 to HK33K conversion. The MPX sems to be proving itself as a solid gun.

It's an HK93 to HK33K conversion. The MPX sems to be proving itself as a solid gun.
OT-Nice! When I retired from LE, I wanted everything in 9mm so I sold my Glock 23 gen 4 and Ruger SR-556 I used on duty. I went to an HK VP9, a Canik TP9SA, a Glock 43 and the Sig MPX 9mm carbine. I already sold the HK and the Canik seems to only do bedside duty with the Glock getting all the attention. I have others not mentioned but the Glock is the star at the moment.

Backpack---I'm very squeamish about keeping my bird in out-of-the-box new condition so does this backpack allow any pressure to be put on the motors when closed and /or with a little pressure applied?

I've only thought about hard cases and not a soft backpack because I want good protection. I want something more compact than one of those cases that stows the bird with the blades attached. I also want something similar to the size of the original styrofoam shipping container but sturdier and at least water resistant.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl