Making IOC and Home Lock work properly

EdOhio said:
I am a new Phantom FC40 owner with 6 flights under my belt. Naza-M V2 4.02 loaded; IOC programmed to follow Switch 2 settings according to instructions with positions of off, course lock and home lock. All flight performance is as expected (gps, atto, fail safe return to home, etc) except I cannot get course lock to work. I don't think home lock is working either, but I haven't spent as much time on that. Naza assistant shows switch 2 movements properly responding. Any ideas?

Forgive the question, but are you sure you understand how course lock is supposed to work? There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about it. The CL "grid" is based on the Phantom's orientation at the time you power it on (or, to be more precise, 30s after you power it on). It has nothing to do with the orientation at the time that you switch to CL mode.

Harry, yes I do. The quick check I do is confirm control with copter pointed away, then rotate 180 degrees and test stick movements. Course lock is very different if on vs off.

So you say the behavior of the sticks is different when you're switched over... so what, exactly, is it doing?

Could it be that your Phantom is closer than the minimum 10m for IOC to work?

ProfessorStein said:
So you say the behavior of the sticks is different when you're switched over... so what, exactly, is it doing?

Could it be that your Phantom is closer than the minimum 10m for IOC to work?

When copter facing away from me, right stick moves copter to my right. When copter faces towards me, right stick moves copter to my left. This says Course Lock not working. However, I need to confirm answer to your point about 10m distance from me. This could be it; I'll check.

EdOhio said:
Harry, yes I do. The quick check I do is confirm control with copter pointed away, then rotate 180 degrees and test stick movements. Course lock is very different if on vs off.

Are you sure you checked the IOC checkbox in the assistant? If both CL and HL are not working, it would point to not having selected the IOC function in the assistant. Just checking. If it is checked, try unchecking and rechecking the check box. Check Check, 123.

Solved. IOC was correctly set in Naza Assistant. Being within 10m was not the issue. Turns out that I hadn't correctly activated Course Lock by cycling Switch 2 by moving from the center course lock position upwards to off and then back to the center Course Lock position. Immediately saw the flashing green light change to alternating green and yellow while in flight. See page 19 of the Naza M manual. Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav