Making Headplays Wireless

Reaction score
I've received my Headplay's from Range Video, and they're great. They come with the ability to receive wireless signals, and I'm wondering what would be involved in using them this way for computer/TV/Drone. Obviously I'm using the HDMI out on my controller for my drone, but I'll wondering what kind of hardware is around to convert HDMI into a wireless signal for the Headplay?

the wireless video system you are talking about is the 5.8 Ghz receiver for fpv systems. If you took the 720p HD downlink signal, converted it to an analog signal, then through a 5.8 Ghz transmitter, to the headplay's receiver, you would be receiving an analog, low quality signal, which would defeat the purpose of the phantom's HD link system for video piloting.

Probably wouldn't be feasible, but just for curiosity sake-
Could you take an extra Lightbridge reciever with an HDMI out circuit board and pair it with your Phantom?
Then mount the whole contraption and connect it (HDMI wired) to the Headplay goggles, (powering it through a larger Lipo battery with the Headplay goggles).
That would be wireless Headplay video at the same definition as your tablet/phone.

I was thinking the same thing, except the lightbridge unit would be utilized from the rc controller to have hdmi out from the remote, to the lightbridge unit.

Then, have the lightbridge receiver on the headplays with hdmi, running hdmi from lightbridge into the goggles themselves. So it is a wireless system from the phantom 3 to the remote controller, and then from the remote controller to the goggles.

There must be something relatively portable that can convert HDMI out to a wireless signal the Headplay can receive ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31