Major Vibrations P3P

That I'm not sure. I had it power cycled several times after 1.5 yesterday. Always seen that shake...
It is highly unlikely that the FW upgrade would cause a vibration--

Reactions: Buckaye
Well next step for me a prop balancer to eliminate that variable.
Yeah you need to do this big time, just need one prop to be way off balance and can cause this but I find when I did my prop balancing, most of the stock props I received with my P3P were already really nicely balanced, slightly off on a couple and added small amount of tape...but whatever is causing this vibration is beyond me. At least its not transferring to the video , unless the center blur is caused by this which makes sense with image stabilization

I agree, I don't see how that would be possible. Off to microcenter for new props... I will test than then install 1.5 again. I just wish I had paid closer attention to the gimbal on flights in the past.

I agree , as I have always had slight vibrations when I purchased, what is concerning is why did I have bad vibrations at one time after a good 30 mins of flying and today back to normal

What is the best method to check the motor hubs for balance?
The only real way is a pain-- the hubs have to be taken off the motor -- to do that the top has to come off the P 3 so the motors can be unscrewed and lifted to remove the C locking ring that holds the hub. Not something you was to try if you haven't had some experience.

Balance all the props first. Look at the tops of each motor and see if you see any blue material showing. That is the stuff they use to balance the hubs. Sometimes a piece of that will come loose.

The only real way is a pain-- the hubs have to be taken off the motor -- to do that the top has to come off the P 3 so the motors can be unscrewed and lifted to remove the C locking ring that holds the hub. Not something you was to try if you haven't had some experience.

Balance all the props first. Look at the tops of each motor and see if you see any blue material showing. That is the stuff they use to balance the hubs. Sometimes a piece of that will come loose.
would this cause intermittent major vibrations

would this cause intermittent major vibrations
Maybe-- hard to say-- with those vibrations that I see on the video-- there is something bad wrong-- and it may be with only one motor or prop.

Maybe-- hard to say-- with those vibrations that I see on the video-- there is something bad wrong-- and it may be with only one motor or prop.
Take all the props off and run it on the bench and see what happens// Does the vibration stop?

Some one mentioned earlier on in this thread, possible ESC was not providing full power to one or more motors, as when I had the bad vibrations like the video provided here, I would throttle up a tad and the vibrations would disappear, its like when hovering it was unbalanced for whatever reason

Normally I would fully agree. Now that we are up to 5 different people reporting this vibration after updating, I feel like we need to at least consider it a possibility.

Yes , gimbal was firm not vibrations except I can feel it on the phantom body which I assume is normal
I cant feel any major vibration on the body of mine with the motors running and props off.

Normally I would fully agree. Now that we are up to 5 different people reporting this vibration after updating, I feel like we need to at least consider it a possibility.
Agreed if the props are balanced and the motors have not lost balancing weights.

Well it's mild vibrations at the most, it still might be a motor issue
You can put attach a small laser light to one of the arms and aim it on a wall and run the motors-- if the laser dot stays steady, then it should be good, if it is moving around on the wall-- then there is an issue.

I just did a propless wide open throttle bench test. I feel very very minimal vibration holding the face of my finger nail against the chassis. (nothing i would think would be out ordinary for spinning at that speed) At WOT you can see the gimbal pins vibrate but nothing transfers to the dampened assembly the camera is attached to.

I will be back later with some new props while I wait for my prop balancer to come in from amazon later this week.

Reactions: Oso and bobmyers
I just did a propless wide open throttle bench test. I feel very very minimal vibration holding the face of my finger nail against the chassis. (nothing i would think would be out ordinary for spinning at that speed) At WOT you can see the gimbal pins vibrate but nothing transfers to the dampened assembly the camera is attached to.

I will be back later with some new props while I wait for my prop balancer to come in from amazon later this week.
Keep us posted.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4