Major Vibrations P3P

I had a very similar experience, yesterday, after the FW updates...At a shallow hover about 4-6 ft off of the ground this weird shimmying would occur. Never seen it do that before. After a few settings & gains adjustments (taking them back to where they were before the update) still the same thing...
Then I remembered that I was playing with the controller while the update was installing in the Phantom, and I had inadvertently left the P-A-F switch, in F mode. Switched it back to P mode and shimmy was gone!

I went out today and the major vibrations ceased to occur..but I still have mild vibrations to the gimbal ..wondering the plastic pins should there only be 2 holds the gimbal to the Phantom or all 4 should be applied..?..I'm thinking the mild vibrations are the case for the Center of my pics to be blurry, look at the boats background all out of focus.., I have shot of me close up out focus..video as well..sometimes there is none but most of the time I see this..need to blow up the pic to see what I mean

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 363
Question I have what would cause all this major vibration one day..after 30 mins of flying and then today it's steady but mild gimbal vibrations ?

There is only supposed to be 2 pins on opposite corners. Some install zip ties loosely on other two corners. I had the same problems as you described when I switched motors to anti gravity T motors. ( this was on my P2V+)
We had to adjust the gains lower. Could your gains be off?

I have the same issue after upgrading from 1.3.4 > 1.4. > 1.5 on the craft and updating the RC firmware. Also did IMU re-calibration. You can see the whole gimbal assembly just shake after taking off and hovering. I just re-calibrated the RC and that did not seem to help. I'm going to try downgrading the firmware to 1.4 for fun.

I have the same issue after upgrading from 1.3.4 > 1.4. > 1.5 on the craft and updating the RC firmware. Also did IMU re-calibration. You can see the whole gimbal assembly just shake after taking off and hovering. I just re-calibrated the RC and that did not seem to help. I'm going to try downgrading the firmware to 1.4 for fun.
Let me know if that helps

There is only supposed to be 2 pins on opposite corners. Some install zip ties loosely on other two corners. I had the same problems as you described when I switched motors to anti gravity T motors. ( this was on my P2V+)
We had to adjust the gains lower. Could your gains be off?
What should I look for in my gains if they are off, sorry newbie with the Phantom..i've had only about 12 flights now..thanks

Is this what you guys are seeing?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That is vibration for sure-- has to be caused by prop or motor imbalance.

Ok downgraded to 1.4 and did nothing more:
It looks to be gone or lessened.

Ok downgraded to 1.4 and did nothing more:
It looks to be gone or lessened.
this is pretty much how mine looks now, mild vibrations..but I didn't do anything, just another day of flying and seemed to be OK...still I am not happy with the blur in center of videos and photos.

I still think it looks to vibrate a bit, but its not as bad as it was.
Probably should look for other resolutions as the downgrade may not be the answer to vibrations.

Reactions: Static8
Well next step for me a prop balancer to eliminate that variable.
If you haven't balanced props or checked the motor hubs for balance-- yes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.