Major update problems with v 1.4 on phantom 3 professional

Reaction score
HI, Could use some HELP!!! I recently installed v1.4.0 on phantom 3 professional, the v 1.3.2 worked flawlessly. I think I may have installed it correctly the first, text file said success. Anyway I did not believe to be correct and did not turn on RC. Instead I reinstalled the 1.3.2 version. I formatted the card, put the bin file in correctly. It Made loud continuous sirenlike sounds, but eventually it calmed down. Since then I have tried new SD cards, downloaded the 1.4.0 file and tried several times to install on quadcopter with RC off. I did the All RESET option on RC as well. When I insert the new file, the LED Lights on Arms flash Yellow and the Red Led stays constant. For a few seconds the camera stays level and then droops. The Camera Status lights flash Green and Red, BUT there are NO DDD or any sound at all from unit. I called Dji Support, but no help, just said send in unit. I've left the unit on for several times over an hour, but no update. ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

HI, Could use some HELP!!! I recently installed v1.4.0 on phantom 3 professional, the v 1.3.2 worked flawlessly. I think I may have installed it correctly the first, text file said success. Anyway I did not believe to be correct and did not turn on RC. Instead I reinstalled the 1.3.2 version. I formatted the card, put the bin file in correctly. It Made loud continuous sirenlike sounds, but eventually it calmed down. Since then I have tried new SD cards, downloaded the 1.4.0 file and tried several times to install on quadcopter with RC off. I did the All RESET option on RC as well. When I insert the new file, the LED Lights on Arms flash Yellow and the Red Led stays constant. For a few seconds the camera stays level and then droops. The Camera Status lights flash Green and Red, BUT there are NO DDD or any sound at all from unit. I called Dji Support, but no help, just said send in unit. I've left the unit on for several times over an hour, but no update. ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
The camera dropping after initializing may indicate that the camera is not reading the SD card. Mine was doing that and I pulled the card out, put it in a usb drive, put it in the computer and did a quick fatEX format. That resolved that issue.

If you have 1.3.2 on the controller and 1.4.1 on the Phantom, you should be good to go, Look on the label on the back of your RC -- is the number 300A or 300B?

Hi, Thanks. Number on back of RC is 300A. Version on RC is 1.3.2. Just finished trying to do v1.4.0 update. Had in in unit for about 11/2 hrs, no DDD, no sound at all, red and green lights flashing on Camera Status LED, checked text in laptop, no text file only bin 1.4.0 file. I used a new 16gb ScanDisc SD card. I have tried this at least 6 times with various cards sometimes formatting in RC. Also tried older 1.9.2 firmware, same results. Any other suggestions Greatly Appreciated

Hi, Thanks. Number on back of RC is 300A. Version on RC is 1.3.2. Just finished trying to do v1.4.0 update. Had in in unit for about 11/2 hrs, no DDD, no sound at all, red and green lights flashing on Camera Status LED, checked text in laptop, no text file only bin 1.4.0 file. I used a new 16gb ScanDisc SD card. I have tried this at least 6 times with various cards sometimes formatting in RC. Also tried older 1.9.2 firmware, same results. Any other suggestions Greatly Appreciated
Sounds like the RC is good to go--
The RC has to be off when you try to update the Phantom. This is a common error.
for the Phantom,
1. format the SD card and copy the bin file into the root directory of the card
2. Place the card with the bin file into the SD slot
3. Make sure your battery is over 50%
4. Power on the Phantom-- it should initialize and start the update process-- it is a matter of waiting for it to finish at this point-- signified by a solid green led on the front of the gimbal camera mount.

If this is what you have done and tried it several times, then the issue has to be that the Phantom is not reading the file on the card.
Could that be a DJI repair issue-- yes, but it could also be an SD card format issue or corrupted file issue.
Hope you can get it sorted out without returning it to DJI

No no no you don't need to repair anything. I just went through this myself. V1.4.0 is only for the phantom NOT THE RC. Leave (or put) v1.3.2 back on the RC and you'll be fine.

Hi, still not having any luck with 1.4.0 upgrade on phantom 3 professional. Did everything by the book. New 16gb class 10 SD, downloaded new file from DJI website, put file in root directory, kept RC off, 100% Battery. RESULTS: unit Beeped for about 8 seconds, Camera Drooped, Red and Green Led flashes on Camera Status LED, 11/2 hrs later no solid Green Led. Took card out and put in laptop, NO text file at all! Anyone out there with ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

I had the exact problem you did and here's what fixed it for me;
On your PC, format your sd card using quick format and leave the allocation unit size to whatever is displayed (do not change it to default allocation size).
Then copy just the bin file to the card using USB 2.0 ports on your PC. Insert to the P3 and power up.
Originally I had set the default allocation in quick format and copied with USB 3.0 ports and got the problem you described.
Others have had success formatting the card using the P3 and the Go App instead of a PC. Good luck!

No no no you don't need to repair anything. I just went through this myself. V1.4.0 is only for the phantom NOT THE RC. Leave (or put) v1.3.2 back on the RC and you'll be fine.
You are completely lost here. There is no putting 1.4 on a 300a RC. And nothing is "fine" until a successful update to the P3 is completed.

Reactions: bobmyers
When you take the sd card out and power up the phantom, does it behave like normal? No camera droop, no issues? The go app should work and you will see a memory card not present warning.

Humm...as far i re-mender no problems, except a warning "no SD present"....

All morning with just 1 battery.....POI works flawless, but sometimes.....it drifts to the left...

No wind, a wonderfully weather here....maybe my right hand slips to the left??

Apart that:
Hack 33 channels Auto Mode, NET ON, Google Maps, everything did work flawless...im impressed so far.......

Charging one more battery and taking more video this afternoon :)

Hi, still no luck with updating 1.4.0 firmware for phantom 3 professiona! Tried the following: 1. Reformatted 16gb card in RC, MacBook Pro, Windows Laptop. 2. Downloaded new 1.4.0 to new bin file for each try. 3. Power off on RC. 4.Waited over an hour each try, LED on each arm working,(2 yellow flashing, 2 red lights solid.) 5. No DDD when SD card inserted, unit makes a beeping sound for a few seconds, then Camera droops. 6. Camera status lights flash Red and Green but never solid Green. 7. When I insert SD card in laptop there is no text file showing anything. 8. I have had great success with previous firmware updates. 9. I have tried to downgrade to previous firmware versions, but same results as above. 10. Quad copter was working ok up to newest firmware update. 11. ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

Delete the bin file.
Use the DJI GO app and format the card. This sounds very fundamental but download the CORRECT firmware (some download the wrong firmware!!!) and unzip to the root.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj