Major Taranis plus headache please help

Reaction score
Hi
I was at the field flying this evening and one of the guys gave me an epee file for a model he had developed for a plane we both have. I loaded it to my mac laptop and loaded it to my Taranis plus and it has all gone haywire. None of my models work and all the channels have gone far left See image. I cannot fly anything as it is radio wide. I have deleted all models re flashed the firmware and re installed the models but it is still the same. Is there a way to do a full factory reset on these things so I can start again from scratch.

Attachments

• screen image.jpg
    screen image.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 461
cyberdelica said:
Hi
I was at the field flying this evening and one of the guys gave me an epee file for a model he had developed for a plane we both have. I loaded it to my mac laptop and loaded it to my Taranis plus and it has all gone haywire. None of my models work and all the channels have gone far left See image. I cannot fly anything as it is radio wide. I have deleted all models re flashed the firmware and re installed the models but it is still the same. Is there a way to do a full factory reset on these things so I can start again from scratch.

Go to your calibration screen and recalibrate your sticks. I had something similar after loading a d/l eepe into mine and a calibration solved the problem.

Rustysocket said:
Go to your calibration screen and recalibrate your sticks. I had something similar after loading a d/l eepe into mine and a calibration solved the problem.
+1. I concur with Rustysocket! That should solve your problem.

Helpful hint: Never directly flash an EEPROM from someone elses radio into yours. To avoid what you experienced from happening again (hopefully) this should work -

1.) Copy Third-Party EEPROM to your computer
2.) With your radio connected to the computer and OpenTX Companion Running, open your current EEPROM (in YOUR radio) by clicking on the "Read Models and Settings From Radio" button.
3.) Click "Backup Radio to File"
4.) Click the "Open" button and navigate to the Third-Party EEPROM
5.) Arrange the two EEPROM "Document" windows so that your Radio's EEPROM is on the LEFT and the Third-Party EEPROM is on the RIGHT
6.) Locate the model from the Third-Party EEPROM (on the RIGHT) that you want to copy, then Drag-and-Drop that model from RIGHT to LEFT
7.) Close the Third-Party EEPROM "Document" (if you are prompted to save changes, choose NO)
8.) Edit the model the you just copied over to suit your needs / preferences
9.) Save model
10.) Open one of your previously created models
11.) Change one setting / SAVE / then change it back if you didn't really need to make the change and SAVE again
12.) Last but not least, click the button that says "Write Models and Settings To Radio". You're Done :!:

I hope that helps. . .
Best wishes :!:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik