Major jello on P3

The guy indicated to me that he was so excited to fly that he forgot to remove the packing foam from the gimbal assembly. I noticed that in some unboxing video this foam does not always have a red sticker; for example see near the 2:28 mark in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnHDKop_c9U

He has corrected his mistake and re-flown. Quality looks really good in 4K

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That's the most picturesque neighborhood I have ever seen.. How nice it must be to do aerials so close to home.

I'm guessing he means HAVE any early ADOPTERS... :) There has to be something wrong in that first video. To the extent there is jello it looks vibration-induced. Plenty of problems with some of the others as well, particularly that they don't look any better than GoPro quality. Perhaps it's the way it's output from their NLE and/or Youtube.

I am blocked from seeing the first two videos, and therefore suspicious.

There is a little foam block packed behind the camera that you have to remove. The "violent" shake that you see in the videos is the gimbal mode. Mine did it too. Apparently, the default gimbal mode is FPV (Superman) mode. I changed mine and the video is buttery smooth.

"Jello" is almost always caused by an unbalanced prop. Position your Phantom in flight right in front of you with the camera facing you. Then ascend as quickly as you can. If you see the camera shimmy during that sudden acceleration, you need to balance your props.

I just noticed that there were several pages of responses rather then the single page that I noticed. So I am sure my response is redundant. Sorry 'bout that.

Just saw this user on FB post his initial video with the P3 and there is a lot of shake, jello going on. I don't know if this is due to the gimbal or just the lack of using a ND filter to slow the shutter down. Has any other early adapters seen this with the units currently arriving?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The video is showing private

Guys, guys, guys. Cheessss. The P3P do not have any jello, horizon problem, shaking or anything like that. It flies fine, films fine and does what it should do. If there is a jello or shaking problem here find out what is wrong with THIS P3P. This is like making a storm in a glass of water. If your P3P has any problem when it arrives then contact DJI and deal with it. They will find a solution or they might tell you to go to hell but most likely your new Phantom will fly just fine.

OM Gosh, flown only half dozen times but just noticed the foam block today. I see in the "getting ready for takeoff", it clearly shows removing the hard clear plastic gimbal frame, but somehow the foam block escaped me.

Reactions: damitjim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31