Major jello on P3

Wow, that video is one of the best examples of a great gimble/camera in action. So smother, even when he demonstrated extreme tilting back and forth.

The Lens film has nothing on it or the foam. (lens Film) It's hard to see, so I can see how it can get missed. It has a very small tab to remove it.....

My foam has a red sticker on it that states "Remove Before Flight"

Attachments

• RBF.jpg
    RBF.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 339
Remove the white foam insert from the backside of the gimbal

I'm guessing he means HAVE any early ADOPTERS... :) There has to be something wrong in that first video. To the extent there is jello it looks vibration-induced. Plenty of problems with some of the others as well, particularly that they don't look any better than GoPro quality. Perhaps it's the way it's output from their NLE and/or Youtube.

Last edited:
Best footage results on the P3 will result from the following cam settings...

1. Foam Insert removed :p

2. For daylight shots Lock ISO at 100

3. Auto Exposure lock turned on

4. Auto sharpening off or soft

5. Color profile flat or none with neutral color correction

6. For 4k Resolution shoot at 30fps With an ND -4 to -6 stop filter

7. For 1080 res shoot at 60/50fps with ND or without ND

8. If you can't get an ND for the 4k res then don't pan or move the P3 too fast or you will get strobing.

9. Set an exposure adjustment for -1/3 to 2/3rds of a stop EV since it looks like the P3 camera overexposed.

JB

Best footage results on the P3 will result from the following cam settings...

4. Auto sharpening off or soft

5. Color profile flat or none with neutral color correction

JB

This is assuming there will be post work involved to revive the image. Many people aren't interested in doing in-depth grading, they want it to be as easy to use and user friendly as possible. They would be disappointed with the results from those settings..

And check out this one from just before the 1 min mark, gimbal goes a little nuts
not looking good :(

How do you know he's not flying in FPV mode. That would explain the movement.

I need to manually remove a piece of packing styrofoam....too much work...that's it, i'm sending mine back :rolleyes:

Reactions: domdoha
One it is 4K on YouTube. The only way of really knowing is to ask the user for the raw footage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj