Major Crash Great Results

Reaction score
I have to say I'm impressed with my Vision. Yesterday while on an inbound decent at about 20 feet I got hit with a major crosswind which started blowing me into a tree at my neighbors across the street. Well, I began to panic and yawed right into the tree. The quad came down on his squad car of all things, and then onto his driveway. It was major. The camera came off the gimbal, the 32GB SD card got lost all four prop guards and props were destroyed. In my panic I did'nt shut off quad and there it laid in the grass, motors still trying to turn.

I just knew I was done. :-(. To my surprise, and since I believe in having spare parts, I rebuilt her and before attaching props turned everything on and everything seemed to be in working order except I had no camera. So, while I was attaching new prop guards and props I remembered in my hurry to put back together I forgot to connect the camera to bird.

Pulled camera, connected, put back together and turned everything on. Unbelieveable - she seemed to be normal. Took her out, calibrated compass, and gave it a whirl.

Everything is perfect! I am the most fortunate individual on the planet! I thought for sure I was doomed. Thanks for the early Christmas present DJI, I'm a customer for life.

Have a Blessed Christmas Everyone and a great 2015!

According to many Phantom pilots on this forum, you will be even happier with your Vision if you remove and fly without the prop guards, especially if and when you encounter another "major crosswind."

Grandpa's Quad said:
Prop guards removed!

Make sure you don't use the same motor screws after removing guards. The screws for the guards are longer and will damage the motors if you use them.

Good job. I had a similar incident, but it was due to a fly away situation. I was starting to land, and the Phantom just took off, headed somewhere south. It hit a tree, bounced back to the ground. I thought for sure it would need to be put back together, but it didn't have a scratch on. Tougher than we might think.

Chuck in Columbus.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj