Majestic Thailand

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just came back from a few remote locations in Thailand where we chartered a boat for 3 days to shoot some gorgeous stock footage of the region. Below is a short 2 minute video that summarises the journey.

Enjoy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Patrice Gaucher LL.B.
CEO, Aerial Entertainment Studios
Hong Kong
www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

Awesome footage. Great camera work. You've got some complicated pans in there. Was that done with a Phantom? Any hints for the smooth yawing shots?
Thanks for the kind words. For this specific shoot, I used the P4 given the remote locations and the fact that I was shooting from a boat during all 3 days. Never thoughts I would capture commercial grade stock footage with a phantom but this thing never ceases to amaze me. Yes some tricky camera work here and quite frankly more complicated to execute than on the inspire, but I am happy with the results. Some very unique imagery came out of this trip. Only tip I can give is practice practice practice, and make sure you have plenty of batteries ;-) For every nice shot you see here there are about 3 shots that were crap. With 7 batteries however, you can afford the time needed to redo a few times. I'm happy you enjoyed. Cheers.

May I ask you: did you fly into Thailand with the drone? I'm thinking of a trip there in January 2017 and have read a lot of conflicting info about whether or not they are permitted to enter the country via Bangkok airport.

By far one of the best I've seen from a Phantom. Wish I can get away and just shoot for a week at some exotic place such as Thailand. I was in the Philippines last year for a month. Only if I had my Phantom then. Palawan would have been the perfect setting. Well on the next trip I will I surely be bringing it with me. This vid just inspired me to get to this level...and to book a trip soon. Happy flying!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Salut Patrice!

Agreed: great work!
The location makes is stunning too. It's so beautiful. I miss TH.

I wonder if you have done several takes on these scenes. I know I would have to.
And you mention it was harder to execute some of these panning scenes on the P4 vs the Inspire, is that because of the 360 cam on the Inspire?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31