Main Controller Error

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been reading these forums for a couple of weeks now and honestly hoped i'd never need to post as it would mean that there is a problem. But here I find myself!

I received a P3P as a christmas present, definitely the best present ever! I had a 'cheap' drone before that which I loved flying but didnt have the stability/features of the P3P. I have probably flown it around 8-9 times now. Max height ive got to is around 100m, max distance from me around 300m or so. If theres even a light breeze I wont fly, I think cautious definitely describes me! Im always very selective where i fly to make sure I legally can. I have read all the manuals and browsed the forums hoping to learn more. I have never crashed. Had a slightly rough landing 2-3 flights ago. Its stored in a hard case permanently. I bought a battery that arrived 4 days ago, genuine DJI to the best of my knowledge. I have fitted extended landing gear (removed originals, retrofit longer) as i found the camera whacked itself into the table on standard gear!

I took it out to fly earlier and received the Main Controller Error, which then showed IMU Initialization Failure and Barometer Error. It prompted to restart so I did and probelm was still there. I've maybe looked at 15-20 different forum posts and articles and not managed to fix yet. I have:

Reset
Downgraded/upgraded controller firmware
Deleted/reinstalled DJI Go
Attempted to downgrade firmware unsuccessfully
Given the body some light/firm taps as heard IMU can get 'stuck'

I have heard that there is a microsd inside the unit that could be corrupted so was tempted to try swapping that but didnt want to invalidate any warranties.

Since my last successful flight I have received my new battery. Popped this into the drone nd powered up in correct sequence and got 'firmware update required' to which I obliged. Drone/battery (both) firmware is on 1.10, so the latest.

My next step will be to contact DJI but wanted to ask here first as I have heard they can be slow/will want the drone to be sent back to them. Keen to avoid this as I dont want to be out of action for ages!

Any advice/help?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've been reading these forums for a couple of weeks now and honestly hoped i'd never need to post as it would mean that there is a problem. But here I find myself!

I received a P3P as a christmas present, definitely the best present ever! I had a 'cheap' drone before that which I loved flying but didnt have the stability/features of the P3P. I have probably flown it around 8-9 times now. Max height ive got to is around 100m, max distance from me around 300m or so. If theres even a light breeze I wont fly, I think cautious definitely describes me! Im always very selective where i fly to make sure I legally can. I have read all the manuals and browsed the forums hoping to learn more. I have never crashed. Had a slightly rough landing 2-3 flights ago. Its stored in a hard case permanently. I bought a battery that arrived 4 days ago, genuine DJI to the best of my knowledge. I have fitted extended landing gear (removed originals, retrofit longer) as i found the camera whacked itself into the table on standard gear!

I took it out to fly earlier and received the Main Controller Error, which then showed IMU Initialization Failure and Barometer Error. It prompted to restart so I did and probelm was still there. I've maybe looked at 15-20 different forum posts and articles and not managed to fix yet. I have:

Reset
Downgraded/upgraded controller firmware
Deleted/reinstalled DJI Go
Attempted to downgrade firmware unsuccessfully

I have heard that there is a microsd inside the unit that could be corrupted so was tempted to try swapping that but didnt want to invalidate any warranties.

Since my last successful flight I have received my new battery. Popped this into the drone nd powered up in correct sequence and got 'firmware update required' to which I obliged. Drone/battery (both) firmware is on 1.10, so the latest.

My next step will be to contact DJI but wanted to ask here first as I have heard they can be slow/will want the drone to be sent back to them. Keen to avoid this as I dont want to be out of action for ages!

Any advice/help?

Thanks!

edited

Found this thread Advanced - Main Controller Data error

Might be helpful

I've been reading these forums for a couple of weeks now and honestly hoped i'd never need to post as it would mean that there is a problem.

We would benefit from more people who can precisely describe the situation. Now you have no excuse to be more involved ;)

I would do that too in your situation, though in general the IMU board is especially secured and isolated (by sponge and springy plastic) so that such taps does not affect it.

What you can do is connect the drone to PC and enter "flight data mode" on the mobile device. This will transfrom your drone into a very bulky USB card reader for that internal card. There you can investigate whether the card has issues, and copy flight logs to get more specific error messages.

My next step will be to contact DJI [...]. Keen to avoid this as I dont want to be out of action for ages!

Besides checking the logs, I don't see anything you can do without opening the drone.

You can look at the SD-card inside as it is visible on top of the battery slot; but it is glued there so you have no chances of removing it. Also it is inserted into a slot with open/close mechanism - you can't slide it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik