Maiden Voyage

Great sunset shot, RPA...beautiful!

I did my my maiden flight on Saturday (this side of the pond) and all went well too. Wish I had that kind of scenery to film in my neck of the woods, but it's mostly suburbs and concrete. In fact, there really aren't many places around here that have really large open areas and without a ton of trees.

Re: First maiden flight a success!

Glad you finally flew it! Your Phantom belongs in the airs, not in it's box! :D , But you did the right thing, waiting the right moment for you!
If I may, I would suggest not flying in ATTI mode orHL/CL before you have 20 flights at the clock and do not think the GPS mode forgives everything.
Think before pushing the sticks, always descend slowly, try not to panic if you come close to something.
Don't become over confident too quickly.
Do not allow any kind of crash, even a light one.
Practice and training are mandatory. Do your exercises until you always know what you're doing. (I'm still not...)

I know where you come from, I decided I had to fly over water and simply couldn't, I mean, almost physically! feeling sick on the idea! I finally did it, and the next time will probably be much easier!
All the best.

Re: First maiden flight a success!

Thank you Serge for the comment and reply, I appreciate it. :)

Your advice and recommendations are as good as anyone elses who has responded to my questions. I am being very careful (I think) and maybe overly paranoid too. But, this little contraption made of plastic, wires and circuit boards cost a lot and I don't want to take any unnecessary risks for sure. If I was to crash and burn my bird tomorrow, I will not be running out to buy another one of the same or otherwise. This level of practicality (I think), keeps me more focused and cautious.

I'm not one of those who's had years of experience flying RC copters or planes. I'm not looking to have the best video footage possible either. I'm just a regular guy, with a new and fun hobby and I want it to have some kind of longevity in that hobby for what I need and want.

Sometime down the road, I might consider upgrading or modifying my stock PV2+, but that's a long way off yet. In the meantime, I'm going to learn, practice, have fun and be careful with this expensive, 'toy'. ;)

Thanks again.

A fortnight of ownership and a customer who I'm friends with asked me to shoot his house.

Once again don't expect anything spectacular but I'm pretty chuffed (once again) considering I've only had it a week and a bit.

Newbies take heart and get yours off the ground ASAP.

http://vimeo.com/98773309

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20