Maiden flights

Reaction score
So having devoured hours of Ty (the DJI video tutorial guy) I applied my self tanning lotion, got my teeth fixed and tried my first flight. Oh wow! I loved it. Now have my first hour of P4 flying under my belt (yes, spare batteries!).

What an amazing aircraft. Well it is for a complete noob. I exercised patience and flew in beginners mode for the first half hour and then played around without the curfews. My heart was in my mouth as I increased the learning curve but it really was a rewarding experience and I felt in control of things. Haven't touched the surface but I'm home now downloading video of this gormless guy looking out for imaginary obstacles!

Really looking forward to gaining experience.

Quick question - must you always remove the gimbal lock when simply connecting to your Mac to download footage? I forgot just now but took it off as soon as I realised.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Most of us just take the sd card from the p4 and put direct to the mac reader. dint even know you had to remove a gimbal lock... thing is what is all this gimbal lock for anyway.. ive never used one for the last 4 year :)

Glad you enjoyed your flight :) the next best thing to do is, go to a wide open area and fly in atti mode learning to control it but always be ready to slap it back into gps mode when needed..
and keep off sport mode when switching back and too

Last edited:
must you always remove the gimbal lock when simply connecting to your Mac to download footage?[
Yes, you should always remove it before turning on your Phantom.

Thanks. Bit dim of me not to take out the SD card and stick it in a card reader. Overexcited.

Thanks. Bit dim of me not to take out the SD card and stick it in a card reader. Overexcited.

not at all dim.. ive just found it easier to remove the sd card as i then put another in place and rotate 2 cards.. because once you start removing it, it is easy to get out on a flight and errr forgot to put a card in the phantom...
I always carry a spare anyway in case of any card problems..
Ive even forgot to take the screen once or left out the remote due to havng a few craft.. but now use a check this for items when packing.. and dont forget to do all checks on the phantom and risk assess where your going to fly before hand..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4