Maiden Flight Success!

Reaction score
Thank you all for the information and help as I made the plunge into Phantom ownership. I had my maiden flight this morning and it was amazing. So thankful to live where I can fly out of my backyard and get views like the one in this shot. I went out about 1200 feet on the first flight, will venture out more as I get more comfortable.

I was surprisingly nervous despite decades of RC experience and having flown other people's phantoms. But it was rock solid - thank goodness for 1.19 firmware!

I only flew until 54% because of nerves. Haven't decided if I buy the battery break in theory.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437849310.281304.jpg

Reactions: Jbundy63
Thank you all for the information and help as I made the plunge into Phantom ownership. I had my maiden flight this morning and it was amazing. So thankful to live where I can fly out of my backyard and get views like the one in this shot. I went out about 1200 feet on the first flight, will venture out more as I get more comfortable.

I was surprisingly nervous despite decades of RC experience and having flown other people's phantoms. But it was rock solid - thank goodness for 1.19 firmware!

I only flew until 54% because of nerves. Haven't decided if I buy the battery break in theory.

View attachment 25779
Don't ignore the battery break in theory-- it is more than theory-- there are may RC pilots who do this exact thing-- that battery is the life of your bird-- -- I have five batteries and they were all broken in at the "10 minutes for "10flights-- and the cell balance is outstanding-- I have destroyed new lipos in my planes by running them too low or getting them too hot before I knew any better. You don't have anything to lose by "breaking them in" . You may lose everything if you don't. IMHO:):)
Cheers

Reactions: Jbundy63 and Alex_

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik