Magnification for phones

Reaction score
Reactions: Todd Oleson
I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this. I got the idea to use a magnifier sheet to put inside the sun visor. I got the sheet and will be figuring out the best way to attach inside the sun visor but wondering if anyone else has tried this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009WZLXO6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I would like to get a better screen view and somehow cut out the glare a bit.

Interesting idea... I imagine you have to be careful about the sun - you know intensifying the suns rays on the phone? just something to consider... will be interested to hear how it turns out.

The screen is flexible and it's pretty easy to arch it up and put it in the sun shade. It makes the phone look a bit like a fish eye but also displaces the glare a bit. It's not too great out in the sun though. I still need to figure out how to mount it where it works the best and I'll share the details once done.

Certainly though it doubles the size of the screen pretty easily when just 2" away from the phone.

As a kid, my handheld sega Genesis had this sort of widget to increase screen size. It works OK indoors. Would I want to use it on a sunny day outside with a 700 dollar phone... Hard to say.... The biggest risk is just putting it down somewhere and not paying attention and letting the magnifying glass burn your screen.

I have one of those magnifying glasses that straps to your head. Almost looks like a welding shield. Nerdy, but it works great.

As a kid, my handheld sega Genesis had this sort of widget to increase screen size. It works OK indoors. Would I want to use it on a sunny day outside with a 700 dollar phone... Hard to say.... The biggest risk is just putting it down somewhere and not paying attention and letting the magnifying glass burn your screen.
I don't see how this would harm a phone screen. Magnifying the sun to burn anything takes a bit of precision. Take it from a guy that used to burn things all the time as a kid and experimented with focal lengths and size of the focal point, etc.. It has to be a very precise point to heat up and burn.

That's a great design. Kind of taller than I would want but should work well. I have found that this screen material reflects pretty badly. So on a bright day it's hard to overcome that reflection. Perhaps a removable piece that lets you put it back when it's not too bright?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31