Magnetized compass

Reaction score
I just got my Phantom 1 yesterday and have assembled it. When trying to calibrate the compass it will not turn to solid yellow for the first step. It keeps flashing red and yellow. P. 4 says that means the compass has been magnetized. It suggests using the Assistant software "Tools" to fix it, following the Tips. I have the Assistant up and running but when I click on Tools I don't see anything about Tips or about a magnetized compass. Does anyone have suggestions or instructions on how to fix this so I can calibrate the compass? I tried about 5 searches on the forum and couldn't find a thread that already answered this.

RogerClark said:
I tried looking at that, but I can't use this method. When I connect the Phantom to the Assistant, there is no data shown. The computer gives me a "USB device not recognized error". Yesterday when I installed the assistant and hooked up the Phantom it seemed to recognize the Phantom and said there was no need for the IMU calibration. It had the serial number of the Phantom on its main page, etc. Now nothing. It looks the same as if the Phantom wasn't plugged in. I've tried unplugging and replugging the USB on both ends but that doesn't change anything. The controller power is on. So what next?

I had to load the software onto another computer since I still can't connect to my desktop, but I was able to use the mthod in the video to calibrate the compass. I spent an hour on hold getting DJI support the first time, and he told me nothing useful - just uninstall and reinstall the software. That didn't work. The second time I got through to the same guy after only 20 minutes and he told me to try downloading to anolther computer and trying again there. That worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers