Magnetic Sand in motors

Reaction score
Hey, So I was at the beach the other day, and when transporting my drone back in my backpack some sand got into the motors. they have not been turned on but I can hear the sand grinding if I move it.

Is the best option to remove the motors and clean with compressed air? and then if that doesnt work try to use a safe putty?

In order to take the motors off do you need to take off the entire phantom shell? and is there a way to disconnect the motors or are they stuck to the esc?

Thanks for the help

You will need to open the shell since the motor wires will not be free enough to handle the motor with the shell attached. You can open the shell like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Try dissembling the motor and clean it out with compressed air. If that does not work, putty is the next thing I'd recommend.

does anyone knows how to open a motor for cleaning, i have an accident in the sand and the motors are blocked.
please i need to know how you can open them for cleaning

does anyone knows how to open a motor for cleaning, i have an accident in the sand and the motors are blocked.
please i need to know how you can open them for cleaning

I must admit that I have not looked at the bottom of these DJI motors.

But saying that they should be the same as any other RC motor of this type.

If so once removed you should see a small circlip on the bottom of the motor on the shaft. Remove this circlip and the outer bell will simply pull off. You can then blow out the motors with compressed air, oil the bearings and reassemble.

Good luck.

Mark.

Reactions: elchato2512
I must admit that I have not looked at the bottom of these DJI motors.

But saying that they should be the same as any other RC motor of this type.

If so once removed you should see a small circlip on the bottom of the motor on the shaft. Remove this circlip and the outer bell will simply pull off. You can then blow out the motors with compressed air, oil the bearings and reassemble.

Good luck.

Mark.
thanks, i can´t separate the parts. i don´t want to brake them you just pull the parts?

IIRC you need a press to remove the shaft from the bearings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic