Magnetic interference

Reaction score
The magnetic interference pops up shortly after takeoff. Went to different places, calibrated the compass and the firmware is up to date. Any helpfull advice?

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't fly near things that can cause magnetic interference.

In the middle of nowhere i was. Power lines 1/2 mile away?

Just my 2 cents: I am retired IT security, and worked with a number of forensic IT people, one of whom told me home wifi signals can travel for MILES and be detected. Perhaps you had interference from a person or device using wifi of which you weren't aware.

Just my 2 cents: I am retired IT security, and worked with a number of forensic IT people, one of whom told me home wifi signals can travel for MILES and be detected. Perhaps you had interference from a person or device using wifi of which you weren't aware.
Maybe ! I will try turning my note 5 wifi off when flying thanks

I run into this issue nearly every time I fly with my P3S, often times in wide open areas. I get the error message sometimes shortly after takeoff, sometimes in mid flight. It's pretty annoying having to be extra cautious when flying because the drone will start to drift pretty hard as soon as the error message pops up. I always wondered how common this issue is with the P3S. I never see much posted on these forums about it.

home wifi signals can travel for MILES and be detected. Perhaps you had interference from a person or device using wifi of which you weren't aware.
Maybe ! I will try turning my note 5 wifi off when flying

Magnetic interference means the compass is detecting a magnetic influence different from what it is calibrated for.
Previously the app called it a Compass Error.
It is unrelated to radio interference that may affect your signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj