Magnetic Field Interference out of the box: Compass 1 Disconnected

Reaction score
Hi, I set up my P4P yesterday, and no matter where I take it, I get the "Magnetic Field Interference" warning.

I've searched and can't find any helpful information with regard to cures.

I had already used the Assistant software to ensure all firmware is up to date and matching.

As a former P3A owner, I'm used to compass errors and having to move location, but this is new to me.

Is it a fault?

TIA

Some folks have reported interference from watches, belt buckles, and even cell phones. I know for a fact that concrete can be a big issue (steel rebar). Then again, it could be a bad compass.

Hi, I set up my P4P yesterday, and no matter where I take it, I get the "Magnetic Field Interference" warning.
If you are getting that, either the Phantom is close to a lot of steel or an electric cable .... or there is a problem with the compass.
If you have taken the Phantom well away from magnetic influences it could be the 2nd option.
Look at the sensor data in the app settings to see what it shows for the compass.

Thanks for the responses, I'll let you know how I get on, I suspect a bad compass as I was also getting the error standing in a field half a mile away from any buildings, fences, etc.

Yea in a house i always get it. But outside im good....def do it in that open field (calibrate)

So, I've had a chance to have a look, it's showing compass 1 disconnected.

From other threads, it looks like I need to send it back, should I send it back to DJI or Amazon?

After "chatting" with DJI support last night for 45 minutes, they asked me to calibrate the compass and IMU, I explained that the compass was disconnected to no avail.

I'm returning the bird to Amazon Germany, it was over £120 cheaper from Amazon Germany than Amazon UK, even after postage!

After "chatting" with DJI support last night for 45 minutes, they asked me to calibrate the compass and IMU, I explained that the compass was disconnected to no avail.

I'm returning the bird to Amazon Germany, it was over £120 cheaper from Amazon Germany than Amazon UK, even after postage!
The joys of buying and returning on line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattnn