Magic power 5.3 upgrade

Reaction score
Hello I just upgraded my p3 standard to magicpower 5.3 and changed the 24db to 27db. I'm running 1.5.7 firmware and wondering if anyone has run at 27db. I have read that it could damage and overheat the drone. Any thoughts on this subject would be much appreciated.

Reactions: BIGJESS5314
I bumped mine up to 27 also, no problems so far. I believe the was a better video feed a longer distance. Out around 800m with is pretty far out for a "standard" standard the feed was solid

I've heard they work well however I already have a dbs antenna and don't think that would help me much now

I've heard they work well however I already have a dbs antenna and don't think that would help me much now
The windsurfer work a little bit.... Not really too much difference from stock anntena on the phantom.

Is I worth finding an upgrade for the antenna it's self instead of fitting the argtec thing

I hear nothing but good things about the dbs. Only bad side is you have to get into the controller to make the upgrade. Simple to do just take care not to damage the components.

Ohhh no. Here we go again.

You guys do realize that 27dbm is the USA/FCC default .... right? Therefore.... you are not going to "burn anything up". The equipment was designed to run at 27dbm so just set it to 27 and don't look back.

That's the answer I was looking for thanks matts175.
Btw do you know what the original dji standard is set to by factory settings? 20dbm?

Does this mean that the Magic Power doesn't do anything for the US drones?

It does do something, it's just not as dramatic.

I don't know the whole technical side, but it has something to do with ACK timing (above my head) which determines how fast it reconnects if you get a disconnect.

It does do something, it's just not as dramatic.

I don't know the whole technical side, but it has something to do with ACK timing (above my head) which determines how fast it reconnects if you get a disconnect.
Interesting, thanks, since you're knowledgeable, what's the diff between BO and US? When I go to set 27dbm, it will also set that parameter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl