Made a Quick Little Commercial For Myself - What do you think?

Nice video......I have one piece of friendly advice. At about 47 seconds the cut looks really rough because of the camera movement in that shot. I would edit about a second or two out of it and if you need a longer clip slow it down. Most people might not notice it or if they do it won't bother them but for someone like me it roughs up such a nice video.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: AllanFG
Emm, I think, You don't need the final titres - when You finish the iMovie Trailer video, export it as a file, then bring in in usual 'Movie' type Project and just cut off the end with titres and/or place fade to black on them (don't forget to fade out the music a tad earler, too)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Great video. If you're looking for advice, I'll offer mine. If you have real customer testimonials they'll let you use, use them. If not, just leave out the "you in the future/right now" stuff. It just implies you don't have much experience to draw testimonials from. I'd also leave out the end credits, and the award laurels. As far as the shots, things look good. I would include some closer to ground shots too.

Reactions: DroneDevotion
You don't need the final titres - ... just cut off the end with titres
Huh? "titres"???

titres (def): the concentration of a solution as determined by titration.

What does "concentration of a solution" have to do with video production?

Reactions: vashon100
Hey Dan, everyone's a critic so I'm on board.
Try half speed on the initial buildings (1st 20 seconds or so). It may be personal preference but the initial speed seems to be a bit in your face so to speak. If you like it well & good and not nothing lost. Admire your initiative & go for it.

Great video. If you're looking for advice, I'll offer mine. If you have real customer testimonials they'll let you use, use them. If not, just leave out the "you in the future/right now" stuff. It just implies you don't have much experience to draw testimonials from. I'd also leave out the end credits, and the award laurels. As far as the shots, things look good. I would include some closer to ground shots too.
Totally agree, great advice here. Still a good movie.

Good shots, good length, but agree with the others
- lose the end credits - obviously an iMovie "trailer"... costume design???
- lose the laurel wreaths
- if you don't have real testimonials, don't use fake ones

Consider replacing the end credits with a specific call to action like "to make a booking call 12345678 or email [email protected] or check out our website www.blahblah.com"

Reactions: Jason Alberta
I think these bits are a bit cheesy. Those gold leaf things are usually used for awards/acclaims, so when I first saw it I was thinking "Oh what award did he win?" only to read that you're independently owned and operated, etc. Just giving honest critique.

Capture.PNG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic