Mad Dog 2700 mAh vs stock phantom batteries and voltage Help

Reaction score
I am kind of a newbie to this sort of thing. I was wondering if I can swap the 2 batteries out without adjusting any voltage settings on the phantom ? I would like to use both batteries during 1 film session (use the mad dog battery and then swap out to the stock phantom battery). But I am not sure if i had to change any voltage settings in order to use the mad dog batteries without screwing up the motors of the phantom.

any help would be great.

also what is the mAh ? mad dog 2700 and the stock at 2200

Re: Mad Dog 2700 mAh vs stock phantom batteries and voltage

Different batteries do have different discharge characteristics, but at most settings, you don't have to change anything for the Naza, I never do between 4-5 different types of batteries, I just learn if I need to adjust my flight/landing depending on the battery I'm using.

If you're using standard voltages for your low voltage alarms (between 10.6 and 10.8v for level 1), there's nothing you really need to worry about.

fessette48 said:
also what is the mAh ? mad dog 2700 and the stock at 2200

'mAh' = milliamp-hours, the relative capacity measurement of the battery. So those maddog's have about 18% more juice in them than the stock DJI 2200's.

thanks for the help. I just ordered 2 of the mad dog batteries. any other batteries out there that fit the standard phantom 1 door with no modifications that might get me more flight time and without having to change some settings ? I have the tarot 2d gimbal with the go pro hero 3+ on the phantom 1 and get anywhere from 5-7 mins with the stock batteries what am i looking to gain with the mad dog 2700 ??

The maddogs 2700's *might* get you to 10 min depending on your flying and other factors. Maddog actually makes a 2800mAh model now that fits in the P1.

I've tested their 2700's against a number of other battery options for the P1 and they did well, but the best one I found was the Dinogy 2800mAh batts, they consistently beat out the other competitors even if only by a small margin.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl