MAC will not mount SD card

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just returned from a film shoot with my P3A.

The 64gb SD will not mount on either of my IMAC/MAC book.

I viewed the videos on my iphone while the P3 was powered up so I know there are video files on the SD.

But I cannot access them via my computer.

Any ideas?

Cheers

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Use a card reader with your PC. And do not forget the videos stored on the device & the video captured on the card are not the same thing. Be sure the card has content on it.

Usually you get SD card adapter with every micro ad card you buy. Use the adapter to mount your micro SF card. These adapters are very delicate, so you need to buy one good USB adapter that can read 64 GB.

Hey guys,

sorry I should have provided more information.

I have used this card and an SD card reader several times before with this P3. Today I did the same as every other mission but for some reason it just wont mount.

Usually you get SD card adapter with every micro ad card you buy. Use the adapter to mount your micro SF card. These adapters are very delicate, so you need to buy one good USB adapter that can read 64 GB.

Maybe it went bad. Try reformatting it.

The included card readers don't work half the time. I bought a Kingston Mobile Lite G4. It is USB3 and is double sided so you can put one SD card in it and also a micro SD and you can see & access both at the same time.

P1020439 (Large).JPG

P3 also has a micro USB slot. Use a cable to connect to your Mac and see the contents. This is a temp solution. Once you get the contents out, format your SF card before using it again.

There might be few failure points of failure and workarounds.

My SD card adapter is flaky so sometimes it needs another try to mount it. I'm still too lazy to buy a new one...

Connecting via USB cable to the DJI gimbal's USB has always worked although I have had some bad USB cables.

I usually just delete the files from the SD card but every now and then I reformat it in the DJI (it is also possible to reformat on a Mac/PC but make sure to use MSDOS (FAT) with Master Boot Record partition map.

Hey guys,

thanks all for the input.

Some trouble shooting found BOTH my SD card readers had failed even though they had a blue light to indicate power.

Used a friends reader and it was fine so I have ordered a new card reader,

regards

Reactions: Lefty63

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik