Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Mac Phantom Vision Assistant 1.08 Software

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by BManCan, Dec 30, 2013.

1. BManCan

DJI have released today the Phantom Vision Assistant software for the Mac.
    Info from the updated release notes:

Overview:
    a) Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v1.08 released with support for Mac OS X 10.6(Lion) or above. Assistant Software usages on Mac and Windows are exactly the same.
    Special Notes:
    a) When launching for the first time on Mac OS X, please open the Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software in the Finder. After the first successful launch, the application can be launched by double-clicking the Phantom 2 Vision icon in the Finder or using Launchpad.
    b) Please download the application installer in DMG format from the download page of Phantom 2 Vision on the DJI website.
    c) The Assistant Software for Windows and Mac OS X will updated simultaneously in the future.

2. JustJames

Curious...though the DJI website shows Phantom 2 Vision.. the software assistant looks like its geared towards the Phantom 2. Hmm?

Attached Files:

3. amrflyingdude

Awsome ! How about the transmitter app? Are they working on that one too or this is it for now?

4. Gizmo3000

well, it shows that they apparently have at least one person who does Mac programming over there!
    So I guess we can all be a bit optimistic that they'll get around to making everything dual-platform.

(tho I'll still have to keep my PC emulation going on my laptop, since the Tarot is still PC-only (I think), and the Mac version of Alexmos (gimbal) is kinda awkward.

5. krb

krb

Great news! I'll try this out tomorrow.

6. JustJames

All updated! Worked like a charm. It's soooo nice to use my Mac Book Pro for that away faster than using my wives PC.

Does any one know if it's necessary to hook up the transmitter? I did the last update so I don't know if I need to split the case and do it again. It looks like there is no new updates but Im not sure.

****Edit****
    I did connect the controller/Transmitter but the software didn't seem to acknowledge it. Hmm. There is a warning at the start up that says to recalibrate transmitter after updating the Phantom AND to update the central board to latest version to match. But like I said no mention of the transmitter.

On Duty the next 48 hrs so I'll have to wait to fly it and see.

James

7. amrflyingdude

I'd be interested to know this as well

8. iDrone

Nope. Hasn't been updated since Nov 5, so if you already used a PC to upgrade the controller when v1.05 was released yer done:
    5.8GHz Remote Controller V1.0.2.22 2013-11-05

iDrone

9. JustJames

Awesome thanks buddy! Your always savin my bacon. Thanks (I still owe ya a beer)

James:)