Mac compatibility

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have been flying my P1.1.1 for almost 3 years now without it ever being connected to a computer.
It has been perfect and any crashes have all been my fault.
Following all the advice and tips on this site I upgraded to 5200 Multistar batteries to carry a Ricoh GR camera for better quality photographs.
Since these changes to the craft it has become quite a handful in the air, very slow to respond to the sticks but otherwise manageable.
I have now had 3 bad crashes after take off and hovering, when I move to fly to the left the craft accelerates full throttle sideways and cannot be stopped!
The last crash ended up in a river, I have dried it out completely with advice from you guys and everything seems be ready to go again, the only difference I have noticed is that when I throttle up, the motors stay on full and do not return to idle when I return to idle position.
This is without the props on.
I do not want to fly again and ruin another camera so it is now time to connect it to a computer to find out what is going on.I only have access to Mac computers and cannot connect.
Any suggestions?

I suspect the reason it's a handful to fly is it is too heavy.
I've not known anyone to use a multistar 5200mAh battery in a P1,
I use multistar 4000mAh and that with arris gimbal & gopro has it at maximum flight weight.

The motors not idling down without props is normal.Put the props back on and it will idle down normally.

There is no mac compatible assistant software for the naza m flight controller in the P1 but there is for naza m lite,I don't know if that will work or not,try it at your own risk.
Here's a link to the naza m lite software download page.Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Naza-M Lite - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

You might be able to make it fly a little better by updating the firmware and adjusting the PID's but your best option would be to make it lighter.

I think this is the software assistant you need. Naza-M V2 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI
Version 2.40 requires Mac OS X 10.9 or higher. If you still have an older OS X like I do (10.6) you will need the older version 2.20 which is no longer available on the DJI download page. I can put it in my dropbox for you if you need 2.20.

Scroll halfway down and look for the apple.

If you do a full calibration you will also need the default configuration parameters, it's the zip file right above the apple download and has a windows logo but it works for me on my Mac.

When you test the motors with the props off like you did it's normal for the motors to continue to run that way after you throttle back down. It confuses the controller because is thinks it should be gaining altitude (or something like that). I had the same worries but it's nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Thank you so much guys.
I remember seeing the old DJI calibration videos and there was a Mac computer for the purpose.
I am running 10.11.6 on my Mac so I should be OK.
I realise it is a bit on the heavy side but it just takes a bit of getting used too.
Once again thank you both for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.