Mac Assistant Software Not Recognizing Phantom

Reaction score
This is driving me crazy. I've downloaded, installed and opened the Phantom 2 Vision+ Mac software (on two computers...my Mac desktop and my Macbook Air laptop). However, when I power up the drone and plug it in, via USB, the software doesn't recognize it. Nothing happens. The green and blue lights at the bottom of the software don't do anything. I've also tried running the RC software for the controller. Same thing. Nothing happens. I must be doing something wrong. However, it seems pretty straight forward. Power everything up, run the software and plug everything in. Any thoughts??? Has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks for your help.

@SilentAV8R Thanks for the reply. I've tried that. I'm about to pull my hair out. What are the odds that BOTH the RC and Phantom software are unable to connect to the software?? There's got to be something I'm not doing. I'm running Mavericks on both computers.

Tried another USB cable?

you are plugging the USB into the front of the drone and not the usb port on the camera/gimbal ?

For sure it's the cable...I had the same issue with my Mac, I tried another cable and it worked.

I had the same problem setting up a Phantom FC40 on a mac running mavericks. While I'm new at all of this and you may already know this, but I discovered I couldn't connect the mac to the Phantom unless I had the transmitter powered up as well as the phantom before opening up the software.

I had a slightly different problem. The OSX Naza assistant software worked fine and loading the new firmware went well. However, I haven't figured out how to import the correct parameters for my FC40, as the available parameters on the DJI website are only windows. As a result I am flying with default parameters for the most part. All is working well except for course lock and home lock. Any suggestions?

I just got my Phantom2 with the H3-3D gimbal on Friday .. tried connecting the remote to my 2014 Macbook Pro running Mavericks, and it wouldn't recognize it either .. I have submitted a request to DJI for assistance.

Install the drivers (separate from the software) before connecting the Phantom. I've rebuilt my computer recently and encountered the same problem again having forgotten. The drivers are not installed with the software (at least on Win 8). I had to go download the drivers separately each time, which was not clear to me in the instructions.

I wasn't trying to connect the phantom .. I was trying to connect the remote via USB to the computer to calibrate it .. I tried all different combinations of turning the remote on before/after connecting it and or launching the program. never got it to recognize the remote on the computer.

DBeard said:
Install the drivers (separate from the software) before connecting the Phantom. I've rebuilt my computer recently and encountered the same problem again having forgotten. The drivers are not installed with the software (at least on Win 8). I had to go download the drivers separately each time, which was not clear to me in the instructions.
no drivers to install, I"m using a Macbook Pro. I install the program and launch it.

I can't even get as far as the OP. On both my Macbooks the software crashes as soon as it starts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj