MAAC

Reaction score
Today I decided to join the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada. They offer liability insurance up to $7.5 million. I can't see myself causing quite that much destruction... but you never know.

It's probably not a bad idea for us to start banding together. I see Texas has basically outlawed drones of all sorts everywhere in the state and lots of other states are looking at similar bans.

Change is coming. We either take the bull by the horns and get organized, get some insurance and be proactive or we live with the rules they set for us.

What's the best US association to join?

rbhamilton said:
I see Texas has basically outlawed drones of all sorts everywhere in the state and lots of other states are looking at similar bans.

That seems to be quite an exaggeration.
The Texas Privacy Act
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... navpanes=0
makes it unlawful to use a drone to “capture an image of an individual or privately owned real property in this state with the intent to conduct surveillance on the individual or property.
On reading the act I can't see that they have "basically outlawed drones of all sorts everywhere in the state".
Just don't use your Phantom for surveillance.

Knowing Texas, surely the law is more about stopping government agencies spying on the good citizens of Texas rather than the guy flying his Phantom for fun.

Knowing Texas, the law will NEVER be enforced. People will simply shoot them down, or try to. And the law will do nothing when that happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.