M.A.R.S lite parachute kit

MIT one, so at low voltage the servo's will move and self deploy? I haven't received my Mayday Battery Backpack yet. I test mine with a regular 9 volt when I tested it. Also waiting on my splitter cable because of the two chutes.

That's what i noticed. Kids like to play in the basement so I just have the phantom sitting on a table next to laptop. This is how I noticed that. Obviously curious the first time having it, I had it all charged up through the usb. Then I turned it on and just left it on next to me when I noticed out of the corner of my eye the red light on the Mayday board started blinking on and off. I thought oh no don't tell me something is wrong and then the servo moved and all lights stayed off. Red for Mayday board and green light by switch on backpack board. I checked the position of the servo horn seeing it in the deploy position and after repeating this scenario a few times that's the conclusion I came too.

That's what i noticed. Kids like to play in the basement so I just have the phantom sitting on a table next to laptop. This is how I noticed that. Obviously curious the first time having it, I had it all charged up through the usb. Then I turned it on and just left it on next to me when I noticed out of the corner of my eye the red light on the Mayday board started blinking on and off. I thought oh no don't tell me something is wrong and then the servo moved and all lights stayed off. Red for Mayday board and green light by switch on backpack board. I checked the position of the servo horn seeing it in the deploy position and after repeating this scenario a few times that's the conclusion I came too.
WOW that's interesting and good to know, you would think that a power loss from the battery backpack the servo would just stay in the set position. Dang I'm glad you found this out, I would hate to be flying and it would just deploy! [emoji15]

I see a smd cap, smd resistor and what looks like a smd voltage reg, that's just my guess ?
Low voltage deploy might not be so great !!
splitter or a Y, like this ?
DSCF4467.JPG

I see a smd cap, smd resistor and what looks like a smd voltage reg, that's just my guess ?
Low voltage deploy might not be so great !!
splitter or a Y, like this ?
View attachment 40960
Yeah that's what I'm waiting for plus the backpack. My splitter came in all jacked up, stepped on, smashed and in a hundred pieces, also the package was all taped up [emoji15]

All the more reason to find a manual deployment solution like this RC-01 Adaptor for third-party parachute systems
Quite frankly, the fact that the Mayday didn't come with the 'backpack' battery included, and that we had to purchase it after the fact and as an extra, leaves a bit of a bad taste :/
This looks more like a Analog-to-digital converter with a final servomotor position adjustment pot, someone else understand this better ??

I do think something with a gyro and computer algorithms like this mayday board is needed for reliable deployment

Last edited:
I'm curious if anybody else can duplicate the battery going dead events with the backpack. Other thing worth noting is that if I don't use the backpack but a different power source and unplug that source from the Mayday the servo don't move at all. Seems exclusive to the backpack. All things being said if I could mod anything it would be to keep it 1s just increase the mah capacity some. As of now to keep confidence that everything would work as it should I will top off backpack through usb each battery change for now.

I'm curious if anybody else can duplicate the battery going dead events with the backpack. Other thing worth noting is that if I don't use the backpack but a different power source and unplug that source from the Mayday the servo don't move at all. Seems exclusive to the backpack. All things being said if I could mod anything it would be to keep it 1s just increase the mah capacity some. As of now to keep confidence that everything would work as it should I will top off backpack through usb each battery change for now.
I will test that tomorrow and let ya know

Reactions: Jbundy63
Hi guys,

I'm enjoying reading this thread. I still haven't got a parachute, and as I explained earlier my only reservation about a parachute is false deployment and that becoming the cause of a crash, when there otherwise wouldn't have been.

I just had a thought though. If the mayday deployed a parachute like the MARs Mini V2, when it shouldn't and the rotors were still going, firstly the parachute will be shot downwards, staying clear of the rotors, and I wonder if the down draft created by the rotors would be enough to hold the parachute underneath the aircraft and essential avoid a crash caused by false deployment.

Theoretically, the drone might still be able to fly even with a deployed parachute hanging underneath it. Of course this would be hugely unstable and probably drag it down to earth, but it might be ok?

Being that it is mounted off to the side and I'm picturing circular air currents I would bet on the parachute coming out to the side and then above and into the blades.

So I was checking out the frequency that the RC-01 operates on being you know from another country and it says 868mhz seems to me anyway here in the states that it would be pretty susceptible to false deployment. If I'm completely nuts let me know but a quick Google search left me concerned.

Reactions: davestern2
So I was checking out the frequency that the RC-01 operates on being you know from another country and it says 868mhz seems to me anyway here in the states that it would be pretty susceptible to false deployment. If I'm completely nuts let me know but a quick Google search left me concerned.
Well if you want a "one-shot" way to stop a fly away and manual at that you could do the same with the mayday by just doing a CSC

does any one know of any place selling an entire kit for the mars mini 2, mayday, battery backpack and maybe even mounts for a p3 all in one??? or do they still all have to be ordered separately?

and if seprate do I have my list right with out forgetting any thing?
Mars mini
mayday computer + battery back pack
and a p3 mount and possibly the quick fit adapter option.
do I also need the angle thingy along with the p3 mount?

and I leaveing any thing out ????? also on the p3 is there any wiring that has to be/ or that can be hooked up inside the phantom 3 if using the mayday and the battery backpack????

Thanks in advance for any help any one can provide with this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20