M.A.R.S lite parachute kit

Any testing done on this Parachute yet ?
I thought about it but have not done it in mid air. I have everything hooked up, chutes, wiring, Mayday but still waiting on a different battery source. I did test it by hand and system works very well, it deployed both chutes flawlessly, tested several times by holding my P3P above my head, holding firmly and pulling downward and sideways as fast as I could and chutes deploy. I would have to find a place I thought was good enough to do in mid air but it's hard to say if I get the nerve to test it.
I do know some people have tested it and failed do to not updating the firmware and it will not work, Kyle from Mayday stressed this and it's the first thing you see when you open the Mayday box up ( Update firmware before use) of course as everything else people don't read and study, they just put it on, fly and smash! and wonder what just happened [emoji15]

ok, I take it you have two chutes, I only have one coming in tomorrow. Yea, I know what your saying, ton of guy's here that don't even update their Phantom firmware either.....just in case others are reading this here is the firmware address Downloads | Mayday Boards

Yea, They say this Phantom 3 lite will work at a lower altitude, I wouldn't want to be under 75-100ft

Reactions: Jbundy63
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452816272.766613.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452816291.974278.jpg

Here's mine, I have a Mars Mini V-2 and one side and a P3P Mars Lite on the other.

Yes that is the firmware update for the Mayday!

ok, I take it you have two chutes, I only have one coming in tomorrow. Yea, I know what your saying, ton of guy's here that don't even update their Phantom firmware either.....just in case others are reading this here is the firmware address Downloads | Mayday Boards

Yea, They say this Phantom 3 lite will work at a lower altitude, I wouldn't want to be under 75-100ft
Yeah they say the higher the better with the P3 Lite so it has time to open all the way, either way even with the Mini I would want to be up high to be sure it has time to open. LOL [emoji51]

HOLLY CRAP !! Your not taking any chances I see.....lol
LOL Well I did the Kickstarter before they came out with the P3P Mini V-2 mount for the Phantom and I like the idea that it shoots downward away from the props, plus it is spring loaded deployment. Just before the Kickstarter shipping Mars came out with the Mini mount so I purchased them and had the Lite left over, so I thought what the heck I'll use them both. Hopefully if I do need it, it may help save my P3P but more important is possible people or property damage.

Jbundy63

I'm interested in your testing of the mayday. Have you done any testing to see if its going to misfire?
Perhaps you could fly at low altitude and do some aggressive maneuvering to see if its possible for it to trigger when its not supposed too? This is really my only concern about having this same setup...

Jbundy63

I'm interested in your testing of the mayday. Have you done any testing to see if its going to misfire?
Perhaps you could fly at low altitude and do some aggressive maneuvering to see if its possible for it to trigger when its not supposed too? This is really my only concern about having this same setup...
Back in post #42 I did a hand test several times and worked flawlessly. You can move it all around without it deploying, such as to work on it, turn it upside down and such. I've flown as well and no effects, it's takes a fast drop/tilt to make it go off as in a free fall only. It also looks at and learns the yaw roll and rate. So I don't see issues with it just deploying until those conditions are met.

Interesting stuff but looks like it adds a lot of weight & drag. Definitely no longer the sleek stock Phantom 3. I'd prefer not to fall! ;)

I can't speak to the Mars update which may be prudent advice if it corrects a bonafide problem. Phantom updates, OTOH, aren't always a positive thing. Like those who updated to 1.5 & had their bird fall from the sky when the battery shut down. Or those who elected to "fix" the battery problem introduced in 1.5 by updating to 1.6, reducing performance & exposing themselves to the current GEO debacle.

Personally I feel one is much better off sticking with 1.3 or 1.4 (if you want IOC features) because it simply works. The same reason lots of folks prefer Windows XP or Windows 7 over Windows 8/10.

Yea, I know what your saying, ton of guy's here that don't even update their Phantom firmware either.....just in case others are reading this here is the firmware address Downloads | Mayday Boards

does the weight of the mayday / MARS parachute noticeably reduce flight time?
Mayday weight is around 0.5oz (14.1g) and Mars P3 lite is about 2.3 oz. (65.2g)( plus weight of battery, which could be 6-7 grams more, if you use one), so about 3oz at least, I would guess it could take off a minute or two in flight time but to me safety outweighs that factor

Last edited:
Users, how are you dry testing the mayday on the ground ? So far after doing the setup and arming I can't seam to deploy the chute..........
Keith read my post #42 that's how I tested it.

Hold it firmly in your hands above your head and pull it downward and somewhat sideways as fast as you can and the servo will actuate and deploy. As if it was free falling from the sky. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
I can not get it to trigger, after the setup of three servo points five "green" flash's and turns white, I can turn it on and press red to set and press black to trigger, that's manual.....I tryed the over the head trick, nothing.........Update: I didn't give up, super fast just about lost the sucker and chute works, red led stays flashing !! I see it takes a while to reset

Last edited:
I can not get it to trigger, after the setup of three servo points five "green" flash's and turns white, I can turn it on and press red to set and press black to trigger, that's manual.....I tryed the over the head trick, nothing.........Update: I didn't give up, super fast just about lost the sucker and chute works, red led stays flashing !! I see it takes a while to reset
LOL I was going to say hold on tight because you really have to move it quickly. I figured that was the best way to test without flying. I believe the system will work great, hopefully will never need to use it. Glad you got it working [emoji4]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj