lume cube

Reaction score
I have bean looking at the lume cube for my P4. I do not like the price. Has anyone found an alternative or a DIY lighting?

I have bean looking at the lume cube for my P4. I do not like the price. Has anyone found an alternative or a DIY lighting?
Ha glad tevek posted i was gona send a pic of homemade batt strobe (kiwi style) on me drone ,i saved this pic from early experiments with bits of parts i had , 1498467092490851565789.jpgso bright you couldent look at it ,it sure helped with the visual line of site,,the first one i got a strobe out of a cheap flashlight done some soidering worked sweet,, :)

Ha glad tevek posted i was gona send a pic of homemade batt strobe (kiwi style) on me drone ,i saved this pic from early experiments with bits of parts i had ,View attachment 84500so bright you couldent look at it ,it sure helped with the visual line of site,,the first one i got a strobe out of a cheap flashlight done some soidering worked sweet,, :)
1498467817008-1241801756.jpg
heres a nother pic of me p3s with homemade lume cubes (cheap led torchs) cable tied to each leg ,flys awsome still and no stress cracks from extra weight,:D

Reactions: tevek
Ha glad tevek posted i was gona send a pic of homemade batt strobe (kiwi style) on me drone ,i saved this pic from early experiments with bits of parts i had ,View attachment 84500so bright you couldent look at it ,it sure helped with the visual line of site,,the first one i got a strobe out of a cheap flashlight done some soidering worked sweet,, :)
3.7 lithium? What did you use for a strobe?

where do you get the power from? Batteries or from the phantom?
Just lipo batt or similar not from phantom so dont draw power ,pic of p3s just has one small aaa 1.5 volt batt inside each torch, not sure on weight but they plastic,,with this i proply lose 5min tops on fly time depending on flying mood

I like that. Looks like HF flash lights. Are they functional or just for heading?
Just for headlight experiment but work well so just left them on,worked well possum hunting,i upgrade to strobes on this one day,,i think white best can see it furthur,bit hard to tell others at distance,,

3.7 lithium? What did you use for a strobe?
Sorry missed this post yip 3.7 lipo ,first ones came out of cheap led torchs with multi flash modes ,just held on with velcro,,but as experimenting goes it easy to cook these lights ,one flight i land and it was smoking .would have look good in flight but could have ended bad. :)

Reactions: Weatherjack
Sorry missed this post yip 3.7 lipo ,first ones came out of cheap led torchs with multi flash modes ,just held on with velcro,,but as experimenting goes it easy to cook these lights ,one flight i land and it was smoking .would have look good in flight but could have ended bad. :)
'And it was smoking', gold, sounds like something I would do and tell the wife 'I was just checking it out'.... The strobon strobes will sort you out. I switched them on in the house and walked around for a bit trying to see after looking straight at them. Nasty.

Reminds me of my old Cx2 (EFLH1250). I bought some Chinese batteries of Ebay thinking great deal. Five minutes into a flight 15-20 meters up it started smoking bad. As I was trying to do a coordinated crash landing it burst into flames. Then when it was on the ground I was faced with the dilemma of let it burn or stomp on it. Ultimately kicked dirt onto it to extinguish the flames. I only lost the landing gear and the body so not too bad. I wish I would have had my drone at the time to film it. It looked so realistic like an actual helicopter being shot down. So the moral of the story anyway is no more Chinese batteries for me.

I ave the lume cubes, super bright but heavy and $$$$. Just for flying around I use aaa flashlights I found on Amazon for $3-4 and got cheep rechargeable battery's from menards. They work great as long as I don't kneed a lot of light

Reactions: yorlik
Yeah from a price stand point and from weight specs. I have been toying with the idea for some IR lasers. At the most to pick up images of these from the ground mounted on the drone. Maybe mounted to the gimbal to pick up from the drone camera. If I had the knowledge it would be nice to set a location based on this as a return to home for night flying. This would be a POV night flight point and click. Set laser position for RTH and (because of limitation to obstacle avoidance) RTH height, Then the drone will return to the exact location. This would assist with GPS and off line flight. Just the beginning of a theory on true AI flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl