Lucy is back and just flew her 52nd flight!

Reaction score
Thanks ATK in Salt Lake for fixing my Phantom. I've got to stop screwing around because that's when I crash her. This time I did major damage to the gimbal and various boards, cables, etc. Replaced the whole camera/gimbal and now I'm flying again!

Best wishes

Did you buy a new gimbal assy from DJI for $379? I trashed my camera and gimbal, but the gimbal assy is out of stock right now.

Found an auction for a camera/gimbal from a crashed drone on eBay, claim was one of the gimbal motors didn't work. I won the auction for 102.50, arrives next week, hopefully the electronics are good and this will fix mine up. It got dunked and soaked in a small stream, trashing the board in the vertical arm. The imaging sensor still works, so that board is somewhat okay, but there clearly is some corrosion on a few contact points for the ribbon cable.

Anyone know if the board in the camera housing, with the imaging sensor on it, is involved at all in controlling the gimbal motors? I'm assuming that's all done by the other board in the arm housing; that one was pretty messed up, so I'm hoping the motors are okay, and simply replacing that board will make everything come alive again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj