Lucky lucky me. Only 4 Jlens blimps in US and 2 are parked right outside my front door

Reaction score
Never cared to much about those ugly blimps but now that I took to drone flying as a hobby they just bother me. Its like they are sitting there watching me. Waiting for me to hit that 401 ft mark. I usually fly out in a school area that has 2 schools side by side so the open space is very large. Every time a car pulls in I think its the Po Po coming to check me out. Posted this in the P3 section as it just so happened to be the bird I am flying currently. Maybe it should be moved

Mount a long stick pin onto your landing gear and go up and pop that sucker! LOL, JK. :D
Where are you thatchy are utilizing two of them? Lots of nefarious action in your part of the states?

I have no idea why they think its such a big deal. I live not to far from the Aberdeen proving grounds/Edgewood Arsenal in Maryland. Sometimes I feel like I can hit them with a rock especially when they are wheeling them in. They are supposed to be flying @ 10,000 feet but I think they are like 3 football fields long

Reactions: markdizle
Funny... I had an open opportunity to fly this morning (hasn't come too frequently lately...), and I hear a funny sound in the air, kinda like a helicopter... so I look up... it's a Met Life blimp! Grrrr... I live about 40 minutes from Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, so I guess the blimp is for the game tomorrow, probably getting some airtime in the day before the game... ugh... Oh well, another moment gone...

Funny... I had an open opportunity to fly this morning (hasn't come too frequently lately...), and I hear a funny sound in the air, kinda like a helicopter... so I look up... it's a Met Life blimp! Grrrr... I live about 40 minutes from Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, so I guess the blimp is for the game tomorrow, probably getting some airtime in the day before the game... ugh... Oh well, another moment gone...

why not wait 5 minutes till gone then fly? med choppers fly over my area all the time as well as c 130 's drop if you hear them and wait 5

The thing flew around for about 15-20 minutes, then it was gone, then 10 minutes later it came back. By then I was screwed for time. I've had my P2 since July and maybe have 6-7 flights so far... ugh... it's killing me... and a part of me wants to sell what I have to upgrade to a P3. So then I'll have a P3 sitting around... lol...

Reactions: lawman0210
The thing flew around for about 15-20 minutes, then it was gone, then 10 minutes later it came back. By then I was screwed for time. I've had my P2 since July and maybe have 6-7 flights so far... ugh... it's killing me... and a part of me wants to sell what I have to upgrade to a P3. So then I'll have a P3 sitting around... lol...
I'm making a point to fly now. Once I got the P3. That's been sitting for a bit. Got a great deal on an inspire so need to get the P3 flying. My metal detectors sat and sat. Planned to use them alot this year but hurt both knees on a ladder 2 months before detector season. Been hurting a lot and detecting is usually a half day minimum of time consumption

Good grief, man That's the most depressing thing I've read, since noon. ;-) I try to fly that often in a single week here, usually bud. But I have numerous places that I go. And find new ones all the time. Infact, when I am on a SpYder RYde, I intentionally look for any new and interesting places and or unusual things, I wish to film, or capture in photos. It becomes an obsession or quest. I'm on a mission. Hehe
You need to get out more often , and fly.

RedHotPoker

That's the one I was referring to. Since then no blimps a flying around here

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.