Lucky crash!

Reaction score
Well it's really nasty weather here in Israel but I just had to let my p3p fly. I was flying it low in the backyard when I got distracted and with the wind the phantom drifted a meter to the left. It then hit a small statue I have in the garden, dropped about a foot, flipped upside down and then I cut the rotors.
Damage report:
One rotor chipped at several places,
Grass and some dirt on the shell.

I then decided to check if it was working. Took it up a couple of feet, hovered around for a minute and landed. Everything seemed perfect.

Turned the phantom off and then turned it back on. Gimbal does its little dance as usual but then drops down like a flaccid (you know what) . Now I'm worried. Open dji go and there's no video and a no signal warning. Telemetry is fine but no video. Upon turning the phantom off again I notice the battery blinking red after turning off.
Battery out and in again - no difference.
Phantom off and on - still no go.
Phone off and on - no video. Gimbal still limp after its initial dance.

I don't know why I decided to try it but after some thinking I took the SD card out and put it back in and voila - everything is perfect once more.

Now is that strange or what.

Extremely odd. You had a lucky escape!
You made me realise something though. Drones are MUCH older than we thought. Look at this statue - now we know how it lost it's arms....................
Venus_de_Milo_in_the_Musee_de_Louvre.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31