Lowest Shutter speed on p4p

Reaction score
When the drone is in the air, what would you think is the lowest shutter speed to keep a crisp clear no blur photo ?

In normal slr photography there is a sort of minimum hand held with 50mm lens is 125 the p4p must have a minimum shutter speed, I know there are wind problems but let's say minimal wind

For a full frame DSLR, the typical rule of thumb is 1 over your focal length. For example, at 50mm, the recommended minimum would be 1/50. Many DSLR lenses (and some cameras) have image stabilization / vibration reduction / optical stabilization. Each mfg calls it something different. With good stabilization, you can shoot that 50mm lens down to maybe a half second.

The gimbal on the Phantom is a similar form of stabilization. I've seen 2-3 second night photos that appear very sharp. Of course, it's very dependent on wind conditions and how many satellites you are connected to, and maybe even how good your IMU and compass calibrations are.

My opinion is anything longer than 3 seconds under ideal conditions likely won't be super sharp...

I can easily get sharp 3 sec exposures. Haven't yet tried exposures longer than that...

You guys are right about this camera. Especially with the new sensor. And the noise level is soooo much better too btw! It's just unreal how still the gimble and stabilization is in these birds! I have also seen good and in focus images at 3 seconds. Can't wait to play with my new P4P with long exposures.

You can get sharp images with longer exposures on a drone because you're typically shooting at landscapes that are far away. If you tried to hover a drone 5 feet from somebody and take their portrait with a 3 second exposure it would not be sharp at all.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You can get sharp images with longer exposures on a drone because you're typically shooting at landscapes that are far away. If you tried to hover a drone 5 feet from somebody and take their portrait with a 3 second exposure it would not be sharp at all.

Agree Pete. I still find it pretty incredible that we can take even landscapes with 3 sec exposures from a 3 pd drone hovering! And to be tack sharp as far as focus goes too.Tripods are locked down! LOL

Yes, KevMo, it is pretty amazing. I recently bought a P4 and am already looking at upgrading to the P4P for the larger sensor.

I just did upgrade to the new P4Pro. Your gonna love it man! Here is shot from a couple of nights ago. Low noise, unreal Dynamic Range and very sharp. Video is crazy good at 4k @ 60fps!

Attachments

• 001_St Vinc Sunset.jpg
    001_St Vinc Sunset.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 391
Reactions: Uconnzero

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20