lowepro CS400 Backpack review

Reaction score
I just wanted to give you guys a super quick review on this backpack. Removing the props takes 20 seconds but I was still intrigued that this backpack advertises with props on so I took the bait and bought the backpack.

Upon receiving it, I was super excited. Quality was good, was actually smaller than my tactical backpack, and the inside box was roomy with cool storage containers inside. I put the P3 inside with props and immediately noticed it hit the motor mounts. I then removed the velcro flat attachment that attaches to the lid to give it more room and it slightly hits or bends the props when closed.

I was so bummed to see that a near perfect backpack falls short by a half inch in length and half inch in depth. Overall the backpack rocks. The shoulder straps are also removable with small clips which was a bonus. A waist strap would be nice if they added that but not a deal killer.

Attachments

• IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG_1810.JPG
    IMG_1810.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_1811.JPG
    IMG_1811.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,141
  • IMG_1815.JPG
    IMG_1815.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,150
Looking at the pictures, it appears that the props extend past the contained area which is not the case. The props are just barely inside the contained area but still slightly hit the lid when shut. Deciding if I return it or keep it because it's still a nice pack but my other one is too.

It was $149. I contacted lowepro and they said they are aware of the issue and will be making the update very soon. For now I will return and re-order when they make the changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers