Low Voltage on One Cell

Try running your fully charged battery down to 8% then recharge fully and see if that does anything.

4150 mah total capacity is a good tell, along with the cell variance. You could try a smart board recalibration (deep discharge and recharge as recommended) however it's unlikely to help). Has the battery been left sitting at low charge level for extended periods?

4150 mah total capacity is a good tell, along with the cell variance. You could try a smart board recalibration (deep discharge and recharge as recommended) however it's unlikely to help). Has the battery been left sitting at low charge level for extended periods?
No it hasnt been but i did not use this battery for 2-3 months.

It couldn't have been above 75%, auto discharge would have made sure of that. Whatever the circumstances this lack is almost certainly ready for retirement.

Although not directly related to OP, would this small voltage deficiency cause a problem if used?

How can i fix this or is that possible ?

HI you can do battrie check,,caught a hint you can hold battery button for 5 seconds and it shows good or bad battery cells,,,,,,,,4 good ,,,3 not so good and etc

Reactions: SEFA
Try running your fully charged battery down to 8% then recharge fully and see if that does anything.

I still live in the world of P2 so do not know if the newer units 'recalibrate' when run down - sorta as suggested above. I do know that running down a P2 "to 8%" often does nothing and totally misses the boat. The proper wording is run it BELOW 8%. Ie., run it down to 7% max. The simple reason is the recalibrate routine in the BMS (Battery Management chip (System) in the smart battery BEGIN at 8% BUT DOES NOT COMPLETE UNTIL IT SHOWS A LOWER % VALUE! - unless you have a really bad battery - then it may kick in this routine much higher. YOUR battery is not real bad. So your try going to 8% likely did nothing for potentially helping you; You may have let that cycle begin then stopped it before it could do any good. If it was my battery, I would try again just for the heck of it.

But the reason for the BELOW 8% thing is to recalibrate the REPORTED mah to thee ACTUAL mah in the batteries; It effects these values, not an individual cell voltage report. So I do not think it will make any difference to you. THAT said, why not try it?

What it WILL do is give that low cell another full charge time worth of trying to charge higher than its mates. Know the internal cell balancing routine will be kicked in and trying to charge that cell just a tad higher than the other 3 cells. Unfortunately the smart batteries I am familiar with only charge a few percent faster than the better cells, so it might take a dozen charge cycles before it comes back up. My EV once took 1.5 months to bring one low cell back up to match tthe other 107... So fly and get those recharge cycles in!

I still live in the world of P2 so do not know if the newer units 'recalibrate' when run down - sorta as suggested above. I do know that running down a P2 "to 8%" often does nothing and totally misses the boat. The proper wording is run it BELOW 8%. Ie., run it down to 7% max. The simple reason is the recalibrate routine in the BMS (Battery Management chip (System) in the smart battery BEGIN at 8% BUT DOES NOT COMPLETE UNTIL IT SHOWS A LOWER % VALUE! - unless you have a really bad battery - then it may kick in this routine much higher. YOUR battery is not real bad. So your try going to 8% likely did nothing for potentially helping you; You may have let that cycle begin then stopped it before it could do any good. If it was my battery, I would try again just for the heck of it.

But the reason for the BELOW 8% thing is to recalibrate the REPORTED mah to thee ACTUAL mah in the batteries; It effects these values, not an individual cell voltage report. So I do not think it will make any difference to you. THAT said, why not try it?

What it WILL do is give that low cell another full charge time worth of trying to charge higher than its mates. Know the internal cell balancing routine will be kicked in and trying to charge that cell just a tad higher than the other 3 cells. Unfortunately the smart batteries I am familiar with only charge a few percent faster than the better cells, so it might take a dozen charge cycles before it comes back up. My EV once took 1.5 months to bring one low cell back up to match tthe other 107... So fly and get those recharge cycles in!
You mean I should not worry about this battery :)) right ?

You mean I should not worry about this battery :)) right ?

As others have said, treat it with caution until you feel comfortable it is not going to suddenly die on you at 50% or something. But I also would discharge once till it goes below 8% then recharge. Then just what that cell over the next dozen or so recharges and see if it begins to get fuller due to internal battery balancing. Yes, I would be using it.

U
As others have said, treat it with caution until you feel comfortable it is not going to suddenly die on you at 50% or something. But I also would discharge once till it goes below 8% then recharge. Then just what that cell over the next dozen or so recharges and see if it begins to get fuller due to internal battery balancing. Yes, I would be using it.
Understood exactly, Thanks you all so much :)

Since running it to 10% didnt work, i'd run the battery to zero till its completely dead, then recharge. I'd also consider a different charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers