Low voltage cutoff

Reaction score
I know when I was racing 8th scale offroad cars I had my LVC set at 3.3v per cell to protect the lipo. What's the safest low voltage for the FC40. The short time I had mine I got about 7-8min flight time before the light started flashing red. I put the lipo on a volt meter and my cells read between 3.78 to 3.8. That's seem high compared to my car racing experience? Would it be safe to drop the cutoff to 3.4 or 3.5v. If so how do you do that. I see it in the software but like everything else kinda confusing with the No load, Loss and Loaded? Any help???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been taking all of my batteries down to 3.5 volts per cell(10.5Volts) for about six months with no sign of trouble. Up to you though. I use a lipo cell checker alarm though not the onboard voltage protection.

Ozzyguy said:
I have been taking all of my batteries down to 3.5 volts per cell(10.5Volts) for about six months with no sign of trouble. Up to you though. I use a lipo cell checker alarm though not the onboard voltage protection.

Regardless where you drop the 1st level warming to, the 2nd level cutoff will still arm at the same low level. I was just looking for more flight time and thought dropping the 1st level would accomplish that. Glad I asked!

I am also interested in recommended voltage settings for the firmware and for an audible lipo alarm.

Cajvol94 said:
I know when I was racing 8th scale offroad cars I had my LVC set at 3.3v per cell to protect the lipo. What's the safest low voltage for the FC40. The short time I had mine I got about 7-8min flight time before the light started flashing red. I put the lipo on a volt meter and my cells read between 3.78 to 3.8. That's seem high compared to my car racing experience? Would it be safe to drop the cutoff to 3.4 or 3.5v. If so how do you do that. I see it in the software but like everything else kinda confusing with the No load, Loss and Loaded? Any help???

Lowering your voltage can cause battery failures later on. However, I'm not advocating NOT doing so. What I'd like to point out is the issue of how far out you may be. If battery levels drop too much you may not be able to return to home causing you to lose your Phantom because it landed in an unknown area. Something to think about...?

Makes sense.
I tend to bring mine back close to me 5-6min into my flight. This is with the stock FC40 camera and 2200mah lipo and no adjust to the voltage cutoff just all stock. I usually get the 1st level flash about another 2min later.
Based on the stock setup when do y'all start to bring it back?

I fly over water all the time, so as soon as I see the first red light, I head my *** back on shore. get 7 min. with 2200. 7 .5 with 2700.

pert said:
I fly over water all the time, so as soon as I see the first red light, I head my *** back on shore. get 7 min. with 2200. 7 .5 with 2700.

lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers