Low voltage alarm on way - Need advice

Reaction score
Hello Guys

I'm new at this and have done some searching but am getting different answers...

I am flying a stock FC40 with no minimal extra weight (a 2800 battery at times).

1. What should I set the low voltage limit at on the alarm which will be attached to the battery balance plug while flying?

2. Should I also change the limits in NAZA? To what?

Thanks!

Set 1st level at 10.8, 2nd level at 10.4

Thanks, but there is loaded and non loaded settings I don't understand. Can you be more specific for the NAZA settings?

Also, per my question, what voltage should I set the aftermarket alarm to on the battery?

Best advise it to set the alarm buzzer a lil bit high when You first get it so it goes off early. Like 3.6v per cell so You have plenty of warning and time to land. and 2nd pcs of advise is just turn the phantoms low battery thing off when you get the alarm buzzer thing. SO it dont try to auto land and crash on you or land some place were you cant find it. Its pretty hard to fly when the 2nd level is hit and you have to keep laying on the left stick to keep it in the air while trying to fly back. Which also eats power to. making it that much more less app to make it back to the landing point. and even return to home don't work to well when its trying to land instead of flying back.

When flying, your battery is under load so that is the only value you need to ever work with. Unloaded voltage is when your battery is resting, unused, and it will be higher than loaded voltage. The resting voltage actually is a better indicator of charge state, so you can refer to t after your flight.

If you are flying by timer and will be back home and ready to land by the time your buzzer goes off, you can set it fairly low, like 3.5v/cell (it will be loaded that your buzzer will be seeing). If you are flying around and will rely on the buzzer to let you know when it's time to come home and land, set it higher, like 3.6v/cell.

Your buzzer is independent of the phantom's own low voltage protection, so you should make sure you know what that is set to as well.

OK many thanks, I'm starting to get this. So when I get the alarm - turn protection off in NAZA - and set the alarm to 3.5?

Can I set the 2nd level protection to a low level like 10 so it never trips to land but I still get warning lights?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj