Low Speed Card Error

Reaction score
Yesterday I ran into something I had never experienced. After starting the motors I selected the video camera before launching. When I selected the video a message appeared on the screen that I barely even saw before it disappeared. It showed a message box that said something about Low Speed Card or something along those lines. I went ahead with the flight and afterwards when I landed I saw the video was not recording. Anyway I'm unsure what happened or took place. My card itself was empty. I have not tried to fly again yet, but If thought if the same error came up that I might try to formatting the card.

I searched and found nothing. Anyone ever run into this before?

flyNfrank said:
Yesterday I ran into something I had never experienced. After starting the motors I selected the video camera before launching. When I selected the video a message appeared on the screen that I barely even saw before it disappeared. It showed a message box that said something about Low Speed Card or something along those lines. I went ahead with the flight and afterwards when I landed I saw the video was not recording. Anyway I'm unsure what happened or took place. My card itself was empty. I have not tried to fly again yet, but If thought if the same error came up that I might try to formatting the card.

I searched and found nothing. Anyone ever run into this before?

Oddly I got this for the first time yesterday as well. It actually stopped recording, I hit record again and all was fine... :|

This was with a over half full 32gb UHS-1 card...so write speeds shouldn't have been a problem.

I flew again a hour ago and all went well. Another I didn't mention was I only use a 4gb card. And it has also been a long time since I removed the card for any reason. I connect to the camera and download off the card, rather then removing it. So that would limit any wear possibilities.

I had this problem with 4g Class 4 when filming at 1080p.
I switched back to the DJI supplied 4gig Class 6 and worked fine.

I wish they increased the data transfer rate inline with class 10. This would have allowed higher bitrate and better vid quality.

I was running the Vision + Utility Pro app, but I always run so there really wasn't anything different. Maybe I'll need to write it off as a freak instance and not be concerned?

I had a similar oddity as well. Started recording while in hover, then sent the bird off on a GS mission. When it returned about 8 minutes later I noticed it wasn't recording. There was a 600 some odd meg file on the SD card but it would not play. Has only happened the one time so far... Just a fluke I guess.

Forts said:
I had a similar oddity as well. Started recording while in hover, then sent the bird off on a GS mission. When it returned about 8 minutes later I noticed it wasn't recording. There was a 600 some odd meg file on the SD card but it would not play. Has only happened the one time so far... Just a fluke I guess.

Check your DJI app
Settings > When connection breaks >
Stop recording = unchecked
State = stay in idle.

I've heard sometimes it cannot finalize the codec.
If you want that 600mb file, place card back in and turn on phantom and browse via the DJI app. Try and play it via the app. If it can be played, it can be finalized.

Let me know how you go..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers