Low resale value?

I'd be thrilled to get $800 for mine... I never considered the resale value when I purchased it. I bought a toy, not an investment :)
I am in the same boat. I haven't considered selling my P4, crashing yes.

Sent from my XT1575 using PhantomPilots mobile app

What leads you to believe a price-drop is eminent?

I expect DJI to drop the price of the P4 very soon. This will force the used prices even lower. If you want to unload one, do it now.

I've thought of getting the mavic but I'd definitely keep my P4 also!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots the reason being is we travel and going to Mexico (Cancun) with a drone can be hazardous to your health if you know Mexico, and the mavic is easily hidden LoL

What leads you to believe a price-drop is eminent?
I am seeing lots of P4's being offered for sale here and elsewhere since the announcement of the Mavic. Lots of new buyers will choose the more compact Mavic over the P4. The P5 or whatever it will be called, is on the horizon. Competition from other manufacturers will drive the price down as well.
I expect the other manufacturers will also be lowering prices soon. Competition is good for all of us.

Kind of like the cell phone market. Cell phones drop very quickly after a new purchase . About the only way out of this dilemma is buy cheap , fix , sell. In other words become a drone repair person if you have the skills.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Used P4s aren't that cheap in my area. Asking price with maybe an additional battery is $1k With no extras 900 bucks.

For me "Drones" are one of those things I buy where "resale" isn't part of my purchasing decision. Its about what it can do for me, budget and how much use I get out of it.

Right now you can get the p4 by itself brand new plus a battery from dji for 929 I believe. It's in the 900 range.

Kind of like the cell phone market. Cell phones drop very quickly after a new purchase . About the only way out of this dilemma is buy cheap , fix , sell. In other words become a drone repair person if you have the skills.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I totally agree. Unless you have money to burn learn to fix all you can. I am just getting into the drones and learn something most everyday.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20